• Last Reply

My wishlist:

• honesty
  • respect
  • service delivery
  • stock on the shelves

Price comes in way down the list.

I am happy when you have stock to sell.

If I want something obscure I will find it.

Always good to work through a thread like this. Great feedback straight from the source!

I would like my local bike shop to be open from time to time!
Been to bike shop few Saturdays and they were closed, went there today and closed.....

Bought my new bike there on Saturday. Top class services there!
Just want to get spare tube from lbs in woodstock

:thumbup:

We'll even deliver / collect where possible and am always willing to wait if arranged in advanced and within means. 

If you dont let me into your workshop to observe or check something I don't come back - ever. I dont mind if you choose to withold advice or info on a repair procedure - I will find out anyway but pls don't refuse to sell me spare parts unless I also pay you to fit them - that will also get you on my blacklist

If you dont let me into your workshop to observe or check something I don't come back - ever. I dont mind if you choose to withold advice or info on a repair procedure - I will find out anyway but pls don't refuse to sell me spare parts unless I also pay you to fit them - that will also get you on my blacklist

Not so easy. If something happens while you're in there the shop can be held liable. I also know most LBS' aren't fans of this as lots of customers want to hang around and keep the guys out of their work with small talk. Difficult to control and administer. 

Not so easy. If something happens while you're in there the shop can be held liable. I also know most LBS' aren't fans of this as lots of customers want to hang around and keep the guys out of their work with small talk. Difficult to control and administer.

Fair enough Iwan..... my two favourite LBS have the workshop visible from the floor...separated by a low wall or in one case, a glass window.

I can see that correct tools are used and the place is reasonably tidy, well lit ....and mechanic's technique is competent. That's enough to satisfy me that my bike is in good hands.

You're so right! There I was on a due north course when suddenly something decided to change bearing... ;)

or did you mean my houding?

You're so right! There I was on a due north course when suddenly something decided to change bearing... ;)

or did you mean my houding?

houding is always important - you must  your ding hou at all times!

Quote me before you just effing change parts. Dont phone me and tell me once its all done with that "oh but it needed this and it needed that" story!!!

Advice ...

My LBS tells me that I should not use an SRAM chain on a Shimano cassette. Is this "good" advice or are they just out of stock on the other brand?

Please dont file down my brake caliper (without permission) to prevent it fouling the spokes on a DUC32 hub conversion. And when you file through to the slave cylinder you should have bought me a new caliper, not told me it is my problem because the parts are incompatible. Simply i creasing rotor size would have solved the problem at lower cost to both of us.

This really happened....a long time ago....no names but I'm still pissed off. Those original Hope hydraulics were classic, strong and beautifully made.

Archived