What do you want from your LBS

RMmtb8r

I only want two things.

1) prices on the merchandise

2) merchandise grouped by type, not by brand

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything comes down to a trusting relatoinship, and staff that treats you like a equal

Later opening hours one night a week (e.g. 8pm?), so we can shop after work?

And later on Saturdays.... say 17h00

Later opening hours one night a week (e.g. 8pm?), so we can shop after work?

Yes. that's one thing that always makes me wonder - I'm lucky my LBS is down the road from work so i can pop in during work hours but over weekends when you want to go for a ride on a sunday morning and you realise you need something and everybody is closed.. i often wonder why shops don't open on a Sunday - granted they may have to pay staff more being weekend but i'm sure the sales will more than make up for it - but like a restaurant they can take a Monday off (screws up family time though) - tough call.

Apart from decent prices and workshops that know what they are doing my No1 wish would be:

Employ people who realise that they are working in a service industry and not actually passing time in a clubhouse perfecting the best disinterested-cool look until they become the next Epic Champ / Cavendish / Froome.

Customer service. I'm asking a question, not distracting you from curing cancer. I'm giving you money, don't act like it's a favour that you're letting me buy that thing.

He doesnt have anything hot behind his counter, except for coffee :whistling:

Bwahaha true perhaps but luckily I like coffee too.

I suffered a dark moment a few weeks back and walked into Cajees in that center on Hendrik Potgieter road, I think its strubens valley.

So upon browsing around I saw no prices on the bikes, so one of the rashes that I got upon entry said to me he will get a price, I said to him dont bother I dont want you to tell me it has XTR brakes, FOX fork and bla bla bla... I can see that all for myself.

I want to see the price tag, I dont want to stand and negotiate and kill more of my time in the shop.

I hate opportunistic shops, put your best price on the tag... if I like, I buy.

Thats my rant for today

Bwahaha true perhaps but luckily I like coffee too.

We all have our prefereces. Some like dark chocolate, Some like coffee, Some like white chocolate.

I suffered a dark moment a few weeks back and walked into Cajees in that center on Hendrik Potgieter road, I think its strubens valley.

So upon browsing around I saw no prices on the bikes, so one of the rashes that I got upon entry said to me he will get a price, I said to him dont bother I dont want you to tell me it has XTR brakes, FOX fork and bla bla bla... I can see that all for myself.

I want to see the price tag, I dont want to stand and negotiate and kill more of my time in the shop.

I hate opportunistic shops, put your best price on the tag... if I like, I buy.

Thats my rant for today

only ONE :eek: :eek: :eek: guess who got it all this morning

I've also struggled to find a "real world" bike shop that does what you ask, doesn't think the customer is an idiot, and has decent pricing. But I'm waiting for another thing...

The first guy who listens to what the customer wants, and embraces online ordering in a clever way will have himself a killer business.

That's all I'm saying. Until then, if you're happy with your LBS, stick with them, I don't think good ones are that common.

Yes. that's one thing that always makes me wonder - I'm lucky my LBS is down the road from work so i can pop in during work hours but over weekends when you want to go for a ride on a sunday morning and you realise you need something and everybody is closed.. i often wonder why shops don't open on a Sunday - granted they may have to pay staff more being weekend but i'm sure the sales will more than make up for it - but like a restaurant they can take a Monday off (screws up family time though) - tough call.

I know everyone winges and moans about them but Cajees at Princess Crossing is open on Sundays.

I often wonder if LBS's also discuss 'those' customers ... I mean the type that is probably a tjop even when they shop at the local grocer?

I know everyone winges and moans about them but Cajees at Princess Crossing is open on Sundays.

As is the CycleHub at Rietvlei.

Is the OP going to compile a consolidated list/tick sheet to be used to assess LBS's.?

I wonder how many boxes mine will tick ...

Archived