Momsen warranty experience ?

Schoemie

Ok just a little update since my post last night. Big Brother is watching us :) Momsen's claims manager sent me a PM this morning asking for contact details to assist. I'm impressed Momsen. Local seems to be lekker! It was a major factor when i bought the Vipa.

Further update on my warranty claim. Jonathan from Momsen was in touch with me on Tuesday as per previous post. He called me personally and kept in touch with for the next three days till i had the replacement part in my hands. I contacted my LBS on Tuesday and had the part in my hands in Hillcrest KZN 11am Friday the same week. Fantastic after sales service. All my requests were accommodated and more.

I don't believe there is a brand out there that doesn't experience problems. Its not so much the problem but the manner in which they handle it which matters most. Momsen huge big thumbs up from this Buffalo.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Further update on my warranty claim. Jonathan from Momsen was in touch with me on Tuesday as per previous post. He called me personally and kept in touch with for the next three days till i had the replacement part in my hands. I contacted my LBS on Tuesday and had the part in my hands in Hillcrest KZN 11am Friday the same week. Fantastic after sales service. All my requests were accommodated and more.

I don't believe there is a brand out there that doesn't experience problems. Its not so much the problem but the manner in which they handle it which matters most. Momsen huge big thumbs up from this Buffalo.

That's awesome!

• 4 months later...

Not too impressed with Momsen...got this bike on the 6th or 7th of Sept....a 2018 AL129
Straight out of the box the Momsen badge fell off (....a omen....)
Noticed last weekend that the clear coat is coming away on the seat stay....
Bad quality paint job on the rear drop out...

Have emailed them twice this week since Sunday...
Have sent them the pics via facebook (they said they didnt receive the email, sent to two different addresses so I resent it on Wednesday....)  and.....Nothing.... I suppose its school fees for me...! I asked them via FB on Thursday if they received my emails and they read the message but didnt bother replying....

I bet its for my account to have the frame sent back, then sit without a bike for who knows how long and then probably have to pay someone to refit the parts otherwise they wont warranty the parts...! Bikes..... :devil:

post-12678-0-32041400-1506694395_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-47845100-1506694566_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

Not too impressed with Momsen...got this bike on the 6th or 7th of Sept....a 2018 AL129

Straight out of the box the Momsen badge fell off (....a omen....)

Noticed last weekend that the clear coat is coming away on the seat stay....

Bad quality paint job on the rear drop out...

Have emailed them twice this week since Sunday...

Have sent them the pics via facebook  and.....

Nothing.... I suppose its school fees for me...! 

I bet its for my account to have the frame sent back, then sit without a bike for who knows how long and then probably have to pay someone to refit the parts otherwise they wont warranty the parts...! Bikes..... :devil:

attachicon.gifmomsen paint issue.jpg

attachicon.gif20170929_160320.jpg

Did you phone them yet, this is SA, businesses dont do email?

Did you phone them yet, this is SA, businesses dont do email?

No I didn't phone them.(you would think in 2017 they could handle email??!!) However I literally just got a number for a contact as I type this for someone at TWT.

BUT they did converse with me on FB messenger and I sent them the pics that way so they are aware of it....just slack I guess...

I do prefer email though as both parties have something in writing....

Edited by Mojoman

I had a small issue with the rear triangle on my VIPA. Momsen replaced it without any issues. :thumbup:

(Cervelo on the other hand get a big  :thumbdown:)

I had a small issue with the rear triangle on my VIPA. Momsen replaced it without any issues. :thumbup:

(Cervelo on the other hand get a big :thumbdown:)

Momsen and Cervelo are the same people.

Momsen and Cervelo are the same people.

Yes - I realise they are the same people, but had a bad experience with trying to resolve a Cervelo frame issue through them. Not sure that it was the distributors fault or Cervelo's but it left a very bad taste in my mouth. Safe to say I won't buy Cervelo again.

No problem with Momsen though so the issue was probably driven by Cervelo themselves.

Hmm,

So a friends VIPA has cracked at the end of the RHS rear chain stay see photos below. Anyone else had issues with the VIPA frame and if so where did it break. It looks like a manufacturing issue.

Anyone seen similar?

Momsen have a huge problem with frames that are cracking on the chainstay area...

Edited by floatfox

I know 5 people with vipa's and they all cracked in the exact same place...

my SL929 cracked at two spots had to upgrade to VIPA had it 1 month sold it and the CS experience was not great - wont support this brand again 

LOL

but its the truth :P

I will not accept any form of substandard customer service from any brand. If you are willing to take my hard earned money I expect only the best product and the best service - seems these days a less than top service is accepted .If brands get that and ONLY give the best service it will do wonders for ANY brand out there. I always say the products we buy today can be as good as gold but unless the overall brand experience is top class - you could well miss out on a whole bunch of clients. #itsallaboutbrandexpereincenotjustagoodproduct

my SL929 cracked at two spots had to upgrade to VIPA had it 1 month sold it and the CS experience was not great - wont support this brand again 

Closing that door myself....Spoke to someone from TWT on Monday morning, they were sent the email and that's the last I heard of it...They said its the first problem they have had so I would have thought they would be all over it...!

Momsen did not even bother saying anything on their FB page (via messenger, I did not post the complaint on the public page.)....shows you how much they care about their product.....

Granted its only a lowend R7500 bike but its a bike I have had to work weekend nights stuck behind a bar for the last 6 months to afford...

Edited by Mojoman