DH World Cup #4 - Leogang

Stretch

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was chatting to hubby... has the fact that Rachel dominated for some time perhaps made her a bit complacent?

No, I don't think so. she's had a bit of a bad run with illness over the last few months (a really serious one apparently) so she isn't up at her best as of yet

I was chatting to hubby... has the fact that Rachel dominated for some time perhaps made her a bit complacent?

not sure if it's complacency. That GT team is very professional, and rachel works lank hard. She's had a prolonged bout of dis-ease, and that can have a huge effect no doubt. But the thing is, can she handle hte pressure of a genuine contender like Manon..

Manon has turned into a monster. A graceful, elegant, very attractive monster. But still a beast on a bike, and I'm beginning to wonder if the GT team's highly technical approach to training is no longer giving Rachel the confidence she can go toe2toe with the Manon Kaiju that's emerged this year. Mental pressure can translate to a weakened immune system... :whistling:

Edited by Capricorn

They say she is still feeling the aftereffects of the virus she picked up.

Thx.. I had not realised it was that serious. . I had heard she had fallen ill while in SA, but didnt realise it had effected her for so long.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Scott is looking for a new lead rider.
would be good to see the syndicate with a strong lady rider :rolleyes:

would be good to see the syndicate with a strong lady rider :rolleyes:

you saying Brendog had the upper cleft removed and reattached lower down?!??!"

you saying Brendog had the upper cleft removed and reattached lower down?!??!"

nooit...be interesting to see Manon in the team

nooit...be interesting to see Manon in the team

Scott Gstaad wouldn't mind her either. Would be a good enough replacement for Brendawg as well. Siegenthaler is getting smashed, and that french chickie is MIA this year. what'shername? where she go?

Florian Pugin.

Scott Gstaad wouldn't mind her either. Would be a good enough replacement for Brendawg as well. Siegenthaler is getting smashed, and that french chickie is MIA this year. what'shername? where she go?

Florian Pugin.

Didn't she move to EWS?

Guest Omega Man

It is open to anyone who wants to ride, but only the fastest 80 men and 30 women make the finals.

and no - that was a vuvuzela. I remember how it sounds when you pick one up for the first time!

No No. You have to have a certain number of UCI points to be eligible race a World Cup. I think it's 20. Sanctioned UCI events like national champs and national series events pay out UCI points. Nigel would know better than me but I think a win at a national gets you 10 points here. SA Champs pays out more points.

In the UK there's 2 tiers at national level racing before you even get into Elites where you are eligible to earn UCI points.

You can't just pull in and race. It's a pretty huge achievement just zip tying a world cup number to the front of your bike at one of those events cos it means you've excelled in a national or continental event.