What came first? The C(hicken)amber or The E(gg)pic? ( A long, probably boring read!)

L.T.G

Just buy the cheapest epic with brain front and back then? Better groupset/ wheels obviously doesnt matter to you.

"Cheapest Epic" with brain front and back is the Elite.

Dude, do you want to help or be smartass?

Better groupset/wheels/brakes always help and make a differEnce .....

But, Camber or Epic was what I needed help with ..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode the yellow with a mate.

Pretty fun track and a lot more tight stuff than I expected.

There are lots of sharp little drops, followed by a tight turn and steep attacking slopes. You need to concentrate and make sure you hit the turns at the bottom in the right gear to get up the slopes.

Will definitely be back to attack the yellow route harder and then move onto the red.

Don't waste another second not riding Red... It's awesome!

Start Red finish off with Yellow..... and a beer!

Are you sold on the brain because you don't want to reach down and slam on the propedal for long climbs or gravel grinds?

Are you sold on the brain because you don't want to reach down and slam on the propedal for long climbs or gravel grinds?

It wasn't just the brain that made me enjoy the bike, the bike as a whole was amazing when I rode it, but how well the brain actually worked blew me away.

I'd heard about, read it and always thought "Ya ya, whatever... can't be that great"..... but it is...

It wasn't just the brain that made me enjoy the bike, the bike as a whole was amazing when I rode it, but how well the brain actually worked blew me away.

I'd heard about, read it and always thought "Ya ya, whatever... can't be that great"..... but it is...

not to harp on here.....What other bikes have you ridden to compare against.

I am not a anti-spaz, one of the best handling bikes I have tried was the older Stumpy.

Hairy one, got a mate who's riding that computerised scooter, runs like a quad core outside processor, huge amounts of rim.

He recons it's the smoothest ride he ever had. Cleaver enough to know when you're peddling, decending, climbing, etc... And can recognise the combinations, opens and closes the shock and fork to the appropriate amounts...

Not that I want to ride a lap top, but does sound pretty cool.

And I suppose, in 10 years, non-computerised bikes will be old school.

I too had the same problem, but at the last moment I had a moment and decided to man up and got a real bike, so easy decision get a Lynskey and leave the spec for the rest of the tribe.

not to harp on here.....What other bikes have you ridden to compare against.

I am not a anti-spaz, one of the best handling bikes I have tried was the older Stumpy.

I haven't tried anything else other than Specialized.

That's pretty much where I'll stay.

You suggesting a try a Stumpy first?

Worried I'll like that as much as the others too... more of confusion then :blink:

I too had the same problem, but at the last moment I had a moment and decided to man up and got a real bike, so easy decision get a Lynskey and leave the spec for the rest of the tribe.

What'd that set you back? :eek:

I haven't tried anything else other than Specialized.

That's pretty much where I'll stay.

You suggesting a try a Stumpy first?

Worried I'll like that as much as the others too... more of confusion then :blink:

I think that's a bit shortsighted. Not saying that Spez isn't good (as it obviously is), but there are a variety of other quality bikes out there that you're not even considering, and you're likely going to be paying a lot of money for your bike. So why not test outside of the Spez range?

Some options:

Trek Fuel

Intense T275

Ibis HDR

Niner Jet RDO

I can go on, but you get my point.

I think that's a bit shortsighted. Not saying that Spez isn't good (as it obviously is), but there are a variety of other quality bikes out there that you're not even considering, and you're likely going to be paying a lot of money for your bike. So why not test outside of the Spez range?

Some options:

Trek Fuel

Intense T275

Ibis HDR

Niner Jet RDO

I can go on, but you get my point.

You're spot on dude.

I know there are loads of other options out there.

coming from a Fuel (EX9) I can imagine how awesome a 29'er must be...

and as Capt armpies....... mentioned , PYGA and the awesome VIPA too....

But I really want the Spez...

Just don't know which one! :mellow:

Just took the Camber for a first test ride...at a muddy Meerendal...and broke a number of Strava PRs. Can't argue that, better warn the bank manager of impending trouble. :P :D
what is your old bike?