Scott spark 920 or Giant Anthem

Muggins

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll I have now made up my mind, Giant Anthem it shall be. Just have to get all my cents in order and with any luck I should have it by the middle of next week.

Now I am excited.

That will put me in the saddle for a week before Hakahana.

Although I've never ridden the Scott... I don't believe you will go wrong with the Anthem.. I have one and a Trance and love them both.. and never had any issues with either frame... Enjoy it!

Yes it has SLX components, also aluminium frame. The front fox shock is also a lower spec compaired to the advanced anthem.

Still a good looking bike in black.

Think you made a good choice. :thumbup:

Maybe not so much between the bikes.

But after Scott rejected a warranty claim on a 6-month Scott Spark of one of my friends (cracked frame)

I think you made the better decision.

I would take the Scott. Wat are the price diff between the 2

The giant was more expensive. In this particular case the Giant is the better specced bike. If one was comparing then the Scott Spark 910 would be the right one to compare the Giant Anthem Advanced 29 er X1 to. The spark would be about

R 5500.00 more than the Giant.

I must say my choice was based on replies from the hub.

I picked her up yesterday afternoon and did the Kia night race last night in Modderfontein.

First impressions:

Wow wow wow wow. The ride and suspension are brilliant. If there is one thing that struck me with this bike is its quiet, very quiet. You seem to glide along. I would compare it to a silent assassin.

The 2x10 set up. This was one of my concerns compaired to the 3x10 on the scott.

The 2x10 is very good. You seem to use more of the gears than you would on the 3x10. I was also concernd about the no gear position indicators. You don't need them, you always seem to know where you are. You know when you can't select a lower gear because the gear selector goes slack.

Put simply I think there is less clutter as far as the gears go. Then as far as the granny gear goes that was also not an issue. The 2x10 will make you a stronger rider as far as the granny gear goes and that will happen quickly.

The XT brakes. All I can say is use 1 finger and squeeze lightly otherwise you are likely to go over the bars. Very good brakes.

Overall the Giant was very good. Ride position is very comfortable, this bike just feels right. Given the same choice again the Giant would win hands down. My other bike is a Scott.

Edited by Muggins

Good choice, welcome to the club and many happy kms! Now that you mention it - the bike is very quite - I also noticed it on my first ride yet never gave it another thought... any case; enjoy the bike! MY ENTER BUTTON IS NOT WORKING SO CANNOT START A NEW PARAGRAPH!!! MY EFREFERE MYE ENTMMM

Good choice, welcome to the club and many happy kms! Now that you mention it - the bike is very quite - I also noticed it on my first ride yet never gave it another thought... any case; enjoy the bike! MY ENTER BUTTON IS NOT WORKING SO CANNOT START A NEW PARAGRAPH!!! MY EFREFERE MYE ENTMMM

hehehee.... also looks like my frustration made it onto the screen!