Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

OK now that I have simmered down a bit:

1. Can I use my Ipad as controller/ head unit and still race on the PC ? (rather than the Joule 3)what is your current set up?? if using a PowerBeam then leave the Joule 3.0 out of the equation totally you would change the gears on your bike to increase/decrease resistance etc. if using an IC420 you will be able to change your virtual gears by tapping the + and - key on the tablet screen. So in short the Joule 3.0 has no value when using CVT on tablet

2. Can I choose not to download the video of a race (tonight was 900+ MB)? what @rouxtjie said

3. Tonight would only run as a Local Race (already downloaded) - is that right? not too sure what you mean here

4. After "crashing out" I could not rejoin the race - how long after the start can you join once out of the race you cant rejoin, this is done to protect the online race and the others taking part, it will be come too difficult to try pinpoint exactly where you were and where the others were.

5. Should we not have a small "training race" loaded for 30min before start so that we can check set-up?good idea, up to the Group to do this, there is a short 10min demo route that everyone could take part in.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave when you're giving feedback from users maybe ask them add virtual gearing for the powerbeam pro down the line. This will allow people to use a single speed bike on the trainer and still ride courses.

Looking at the resistance range below if I have single speed gearing that will give me 30km/h at a cadence of 90 it will be able to do ~100W-700W which is fine for me.

Will be nice to use a cheap vintage looking zero maintenance bike for training.

post-10555-0-48060600-1403764838_thumb.jpg

Dave when you're giving feedback from users maybe ask them add virtual gearing for the powerbeam pro down the line. This will allow people to use a single speed bike on the trainer and still ride courses.

Looking at the resistance range below if I have single speed gearing that will give me 30km/h at a cadence of 90 it will be able to do ~100W-700W which is fine for me.

Will be nice to use a cheap vintage looking zero maintenance bike for training.

post-10555-0-48060600-1403764838_thumb.jpg

a strange request but i will ask.

A bit off topic, but not to far!

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying my Powerbeam pro and indoor training went from a nightmare to something I'm looking forward to. But for me the jury is still out for the Ipad Virtualtrainer App. I've downloaded about seven routes with video each taken about 2 days and am yet to complete one with the video playing from start to finish.

Most of the routes after I've spent days downloaded it, it just give me a black screen when in video mode!

According to Dave its because of the poor internet connection between us and Europe, can't see that this should be a problem as I've downloaded the route before I start riding it.

I've gone so far as to deleting all data and apps from the Ipad and just running VT, no improvement!

I've downloaded both Alp d Heuz videos completely and just getting a black screen when running them in video mode.

Anyone else having this trouble?

I see there has registered 7 people already for Tuesdays race. Should be fun..........

6 AND A 1/2 :blush:

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying my Powerbeam pro and indoor training went from a nightmare to something I'm looking forward to. But for me the jury is still out for the Ipad Virtualtrainer App. I've downloaded about seven routes with video each taken about 2 days and am yet to complete one with the video playing from start to finish.

Most of the routes after I've spent days downloaded it, it just give me a black screen when in video mode!

According to Dave its because of the poor internet connection between us and Europe, can't see that this should be a problem as I've downloaded the route before I start riding it.

I've gone so far as to deleting all data and apps from the Ipad and just running VT, no improvement!

I've downloaded both Alp d Heuz videos completely and just getting a black screen when running them in video mode.

I really don't bother downloading the videos anymore as my Ipad only has 16GB capacity. I enjoy the Google Earth Hybrid view while riding. The videos worked well while riding - Follonica etc.

PS: Do you download via desktop app and then copy to Ipad or from VT App directly?

I've had problems and after a while realised the videos should be downloaded within VT App.

Edited by frostie19

I really don't bother downloading the videos anymore as my Ipad only has 16GB capacity. I enjoy the Google Earth Hybrid view while riding. The videos worked well while riding - Follonica etc.

PS: Do you download via desktop app and then copy to Ipad or from VT App directly?

I've had problems and after a while realised the videos should be downloaded within VT App.

Same here...the google earth view is my staple...I have however downloaded a couple of videos and none of them gave me any issues, they all worked like they should have. I just cannot justify it since I am on a data budget. Look the video imo is a nice to have...but the rest is really where the nuts and bolts sit

this is a known problem on iPad, we are really trying hard to fix it but please be patient with us it is going to take some time, we are really sorry for this as it is only a SA problem.

Yes. The application needs some work. However what worked the other night was to not jump around between the video and google maps. But I have no doubt they will fix it with the next patch. I rode "Follonica" the whole way. You can click on the multiplayer stats so while you watch the video you can see the other guys etc. Just don't go to a whole different screen. And in settings once the race started, make sure streaming is turned off or the bloody thing will try and stream despite the download being completed in the background.

Oh and me and Frostie is up for a 90km race Sat at 14h00 if anyone is interested. You don't have to do the whole route. The in-laws are coming so I am going all the way :eek: . Had I not had to feed them I would have loaded a 260km race.

If i download the video to my iPad, can I play the video through my Apple TV and watch the video on my TV ?

I don't know if that makes sense (sorry end of day ).

If i download the video to my iPad, can I play the video through my Apple TV and watch the video on my TV ?

Don't think so... I connect my IPAD with a cable tio my big TV

Yes you can do this. That is how we run the demo bikes at expos etc.

Thats a cheaper and better option, dos it work well ?

Thats a cheaper and better option, dos it work well ?