Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

please :eek: cyclist only RACE :whistling:

I know right....i mean why did they even gave us an option to "train" a course....its always a race

Good time on last night's run for you dips....I did the same course but without any data(found a way to hotwire the pad to think its online without using data hahahha)

Came in at 20 seconds behind your time....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will a garmin ANT+ dongle do the same trick as the Wahoo ANT+

Don't buy the Garmin one. The reviews were negative and it only worked with the Garmin apps, not sure if that changed but I doubt it.

You are talking for the iPad right?

Thanks to complete cyclist for sorting me out with my unit, thanks for POWER TAP offering to go the extra mile, thanks for ROUXTJIE for the "back up"

Got my first ride in today

Can't believe how smooth the power delivery is

Can't believe how simple it is to get up and running(maybe 40min)

I wish ROUXTJIE done a product review before I went the "other route first"

Ag lekker man dips, just moer stoked you joining us for the races.

PS I am billing my support back to cyclops, their first invoice is on its way :ph34r: :clap:

I know right....i mean why did they even gave us an option to "train" a course....its always a race

Good time on last night's run for you dips....I did the same course but without any data(found a way to hotwire the pad to think its online without using data hahahha)

Came in at 20 seconds behind your time....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

mine shows you pipped me on straaaava :blush:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

mine shows you pipped me on straaaava :blush:

No, last nights I didnt upload yet, but I know my time and you defnitely had me....that was maybe a previous run I did....I had a tailwind that night(read fan was blowing from my back) :w00t:

No, last nights I didnt upload yet, but I know my time and you defnitely had me....that was maybe a previous run I did....I had a tailwind that night(read fan was blowing from my back) :w00t:

didnt think about the wind from behind idea,,,,,, :ph34r:

Don't buy the Garmin one. The reviews were negative and it only worked with the Garmin apps, not sure if that changed but I doubt it.

You are talking for the iPad right?

As far as we know the Garmin ANT+ key does not work with the software. Our supply of Wahoo keys should be available in the next 2 weeks. There is apparently a worldwide shortage.

Ok so I joined the race for Tuesday evening. Should I download the route before the race or do I just go to the online racing icon and click on the "live racing" icon to the right of the race come Tuesday evening?

?

?

I replied via Talus on this post....short answer...No

Why...because there is no video for Tuesday evening...so your download will take all of about 7 seconds...if that. do it 30 minutes before the race.

Ok registered guys , username is tywalk on VT.

How many gigs is it to download the full 47 min Alpes d' Huez video ?

Ok that was a stupid question when it tells you how many gigs lol.

How do I link my heart rate now ? I didn't get a Hr strap with my power beam pro Bluetooth but I have my garmin one and my garmin GPS.

Must I just buy a power tap HR strap ?

I see the race is fully subscribed!!!! Jay. Now to work out the fines if one doesnt pitch or finish. Death is so mundane...

I did a lap on the route for Tues. It is a very nice and varied route. Saw rouxtjie's time - I think a kotsemmer wont save me. I may go looking for some EPO today.

Also went for a spin on the route yesterday. Good choice for the race. Not difficult so the fresh guys can go full tilt from the gun

2 proper lumps in there. I think they use my weight against me going up but did not feel the love going down. Surely they must let us fatties descent faster...

Archived