Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

i will need to ask as this is top secret, give me some time to get back on this one.

Ta thanks Dave....I am really interested :thumbup:

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Garfield unfortunately there is no "I'm a wheel sucker, add some speed" setting in your profile :)

I am a hardcore triathlete. The term "drafting" for me is something I refer to when I drink beer in a pub.

I am a hardcore triathlete. The term "drafting" for me is something I refer to when I drink beer in a pub.

waaaahaaaaa :clap: :clap: :clap:

But wouldn't it be cool if they add a bunch factor which makes it 0.5 degrees easier when you ride together?

In general a power output of 180W on a rode bike will give you a speed of ~30km/h on a flat road with no wind. To get up to 38km/h would take about 300W due to the exponential increase of wind resistance with speed.

How does that compare with your experience of riding courses using the app?

In general a power output of 180W on a rode bike will give you a speed of ~30km/h on a flat road with no wind. To get up to 38km/h would take about 300W due to the exponential increase of wind resistance with speed.

How does that compare with your experience of riding courses using the app?

That seems accurate. On a TT bike I get up to 35km per hour + but this is for obvious reasons with 180 watts. I think they should consider adding a TT bike option in the future. If you look at www.bikecalculator.com then the aero position seems to add 5km/hour as well which makes sense. :thumbup: . So from now on I will declare myself the winner unless everybody else averages more than 5km faster than me. SOrry Dave it seems I beat you the other night :w00t:

But wouldn't it be cool if they add a bunch factor which makes it 0.5 degrees easier when you ride together?

I hear your point, it could then open up things like team racing but I suspect we are still very far away from this tech(I might be wrong). For one connectivity of everyone in the "team" must be absolutely stable with NO latency.

I like the sterile VR environment for mano-e-mano racing...we essentially riding in a vacuum lol

That seems accurate. On a TT bike I get up to 35km per hour + but this is for obvious reasons with 180 watts. I think they should consider adding a TT bike option in the future. If you look at www.bikecalculator.com then the aero position seems to add 5km/hour as well which makes sense. :thumbup: . So from now on I will declare myself the winner unless everybody else averages more than 5km faster than me. SOrry Dave it seems I beat you the other night :w00t:

Again only if you send pictures of you in full aero tuck / bars and wind suite. Oh and obviously TT helmet is non neg too. :whistling:

i partake in selective training, do 2 races a month and that counts as racing and training all in one.

they just came past and collected your unit!! :) :)

Thanks brilliant service, obviously went the extra mile to help, always good to have distributors like that

Thanks brilliant service, obviously went the extra mile to help, always good to have distributors like that

lets see if you can set it up just as quickly or have another week of tech faq like you did with the bushido... perhaps you should have the missus handy just in case :ph34r:

Again only if you send pictures of you in full aero tuck / bars and wind suite. Oh and obviously TT helmet is non neg too. :whistling:

We also need photos of a kwaai referee in black in white clothing on a Harley next to you shouting and flashing yellow cards if you get out of the aero tuck.

I hear your point, it could then open up things like team racing but I suspect we are still very far away from this tech(I might be wrong). For one connectivity of everyone in the "team" must be absolutely stable with NO latency.

I like the sterile VR environment for mano-e-mano racing...we essentially riding in a vacuum lol

Myself and Frostie discussed it this morning. We actually need a local server for hosting the races. If I am correct the server is in Poland or thereabouts. So all data needs to go there, get processed and then sent back to us here causing the small delays we see.

We also need photos of a kwaai referee in black in white clothing on a Harley next to you shouting and flashing yellow cards if you get out of the aero tuck.

What you guys don't know is that I put my wetsuit on every evening 15 min before the race starts. My starting position is in the bath on my back 5 minutes before the race starts.

What you guys don't know is that I put my wetsuit on every evening 15 min before the race starts. My starting position is in the bath on my back 5 minutes before the race starts.

Committed...you are it :thumbup:

lets see if you can set it up just as quickly or have another week of tech faq like you did with the bushido... perhaps you should have the missus handy just in case :ph34r:

Ahhh but this is the beauty of this device...it has local support in the form of someone you can call and talk to. Not an online forum, hit and miss affair :ph34r:

Also I am not in anyway tech savvy...I like things without admin. Shouldnt take dips more than 20 minutes.

Archived