Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Well gimme a qualified route or create the race yourself

Not a dig at you big man! Just the way the system at VT works. At least that is how it was explained to me anyway.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my side the last 2 races were 2 of my favorite routes. No stupid gradients which makes the flywheel have an unrealistic feel when you loose momentum 

Give this one a go over the weekend: Gatineau Park

I use it when I feel I need a bit of punishment for 1hr30... :devil:

Too long for a race!

Tre Croci - Tre Cime di Lavaredo do this for a race! did it last night and it hurts! only 22km but ALL uphill and finishes on a 16% gradient :eek:  :thumbup:  :mellow:

Soooo... after posting last week about my tablet/online racing issue, last night I set out to use the wifes ipad as said before. So install the software, get on the bike, try connect... and then, as i switch the blutooth on in the virtual bike tab, it tells me "not supported by ipad 2"

So again, not online racing for me...  :thumbdown:

Soooo... after posting last week about my tablet/online racing issue, last night I set out to use the wifes ipad as said before. So install the software, get on the bike, try connect... and then, as i switch the blutooth on in the virtual bike tab, it tells me "not supported by ipad 2"

So again, not online racing for me...  :thumbdown:

Maybe try to do a route against a virtual rider. Less pressure to get things right before a certain time.

From my side the last 2 races were 2 of my favorite routes. No stupid gradients which makes the flywheel have an unrealistic feel when you loose momentum 

Not sure what u mean by stupid gradients?

I find that these rides which have lots of gradient changes in a short distance are the worst because the power and speed drops off and increases so often that you spend more time changing gears trying to keep your effort at your planned wattage...whats the point of training with watts if you cant keep the effort consistent?

For example check the graphs below, they are for the same race, check the speed fluctuations

post-182-0-91244300-1436351564_thumb.png

post-182-0-30480400-1436351573_thumb.png

For me when the incline hits 10% + then the ride does not feel that natural on the trainer anymore. I don't mind lots of climbing just not moer steep long sections

Having said this I get your point. Gradual even climbing is better to keep consistent effort

For me when the incline hits 10% + then the ride does not feel that natural on the trainer anymore. I don't mind lots of climbing just not moer steep long sections

Having said this I get your point. Gradual even climbing is better to keep consistent effort

Ok I wont post my Zug Riveria race route, all tho I don't think it hits +10% much, its in the VT database if anyone wants to try it, (think Talus rode it once)

I rode and a nice 20k road bike route (500m climb in 20k) the other day, gr8 hill training....will upload it onto VT and perhaps create an online hill climb race....

Here's the profile (shaded area)

post-182-0-10738700-1436436522_thumb.png

Lets do a hill climb race coming Tuesday. If anybody can post a gradual climb of +- 45min with gradients spiking at not a higher than 10% it would be great

Swiss lets try yours?

or the Rabbit's?

I will also browse on available routes then we make suggestions

After next week I am on an enforced lay off. I liked Swiss's Zug when I did it. Tough riding.

Archived