Online Racing - Virtualtraining (Cyclops)

Garfield2010

Yes, I have used it like this before. No problem. I'm just not sure how it would compare to a Fluid 2 with regards to a natural road feel regarding resistance...

Guys the PowerBeam can be used as a "dumb" trainer however the resistance offered would be very limited due to no inbuilt progressive resistance unit. so resistance would top out as some 200 - 250w at a guess. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for those having problems please can i request for the issues to be directed to us at info(at)bicyclepower.co.za. myself (Dave) and Mike will be at joBerg2C next week however will have e mail with us and are in contact with the development team on a daily basis. i am currently on my way back from Switzerland after getting a hands on our new CycleOps trainer...... Oops should not have said that........  :oops:

for those having problems please can i request for the issues to be directed to us at info(at)bicyclepower.co.za. myself (Dave) and Mike will be at joBerg2C next week however will have e mail with us and are in contact with the development team on a daily basis. i am currently on my way back from Switzerland after getting a hands on our new CycleOps trainer...... Oops should not have said that........  :oops:

We're all ears!

I have registered for tonight's race. I like the two race idea and the later start works very well for me.

Got the Powerbeam out and wanting to power up and ...................my Samsung phone app no longer works I need to upgrade to a tablet or computer. Have been paying the R60 odd every month and have not used it since the end of last winter. 

So the bluetooth Powerbeam no good until I upgrade communications. Money I had no intention of spending. grrrrr

Got the Powerbeam out and wanting to power up and ...................my Samsung phone app no longer works I need to upgrade to a tablet or computer. Have been paying the R60 odd every month and have not used it since the end of last winter. 

So the bluetooth Powerbeam no good until I upgrade communications. Money I had no intention of spending. grrrrr

Perhaps try and uninstall the app and re-install it and reactivate your account?

Swiss Van, did you come right with this problem??

I had the exact same issue last night, pushing 560W :eek: (anyone want to race..) 2 Things I did - I moved the trainer and the IPAD battery was very low and on charge when I used it. I'm not sure if this caused the problem...

I'll email the boys to see if there is a fix.

Not sure, have not ridden the thing since i had the problem, luckily we had a spell of decent weather so could ride a bit outdoors plus I have been lazy (the real truth).

I did contact cycle ops and they suggested i try recalibrate it and if that does not work then I would need to send the resistance unit in for in to the local agents.

So reading between the lines :whistling:  cycle ops are making the old (current) units work incorrectly so that owners will get gatvol upgrade to the new trainer.... :whistling:

Will there be a good trade in deal?

Not sure, have not ridden the thing since i had the problem, luckily we had a spell of decent weather so could ride a bit outdoors plus I have been lazy (the real truth).

I did contact cycle ops and they suggested i try recalibrate it and if that does not work then I would need to send the resistance unit in for in to the local agents.

So reading between the lines :whistling: cycle ops are making the old (current) units work incorrectly so that owners will get gatvol upgrade to the new trainer.... :whistling:

Will there be a good trade in deal?

He he I would love to trade in on a unit where I don't have to use my actual bike (likely need a few lotto tickets first though)

Hi hubbers,

I need your advice please. I want to give this virtual training / racing thing a go. Where is the best place to start. I have the following equipment thus far:

- Older 26er mtb which i am planning on using

- Garmin fenix 3

- Ipad

- a very nice 27 inch computer monitor

- laptop

All i need is a trainer? But which one? I see cwc has the tacx bushido on sale for around 12k. Also saw the cycleops deal around the same price. But which software is the best / most popular? What do you guys use? Would like to join a race every now and again.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi hubbers,

I need your advice please. I want to give this virtual training / racing thing a go. Where is the best place to start. I have the following equipment thus far:

- Garmin fenix 3

- Ipad

- laptop

All i need is a trainer? But which one? I see cwc has the tacx bushido on sale for around 12k. Also saw the cycleops deal around the same price. But which software is the best / most popular? What do you guys use? Would like to join a race every now and again.

Thanks.

Swiss Van, did you come right with this problem??

I had the exact same issue last night, pushing 560W :eek: (anyone want to race..) 2 Things I did - I moved the trainer and the IPAD battery was very low and on charge when I used it. I'm not sure if this caused the problem...

I'll email the boys to see if there is a fix.

Reply #2

Yes, i recalibrated using the "Calibrate" function on the "Free ride" screen.

Feels normal again, glad i don't have to send it away.

post-182-0-86142700-1461409746_thumb.png

Hi hubbers,

- Garmin fenix 3

- Ipad

- laptop

Thanks.

Wahoo kicker or powerbeam / power sync seem to be the popular choices.

Perhaps wait for the cycleops announcement that Dave spoke about

Check the Cyclops site for compatible trainers

https://www.cycleops.com/virtualtraining/compatibility

The new product from CycleOps will be released officially in May, however we will only see product landing in SA around September/October once all the global distributors have placed orders and manufacturing can be finalized.

Reply #2

Yes, i recalibrated using the "Calibrate" function on the "Free ride" screen.

Feels normal again, glad i don't have to send it away.

attachicon.gifCapture7.PNG

Sadly, mine needs to go in to be checked...no software changes has made a difference. MY FTP in now 540W :ph34r:  

Sadly, mine needs to go in to be checked...no software changes has made a difference. MY FTP in now 540W :ph34r:

LOL i know the feeling, but luckily the calibration sorted it out.

Just make sure your calibration works properly, normally if it takes

awhile to tell you it was successful or does not say it was successful

then something went wrong during the roll down after the wheel has stopped

Umm and make sure your rear brake is not engaging accidently during the roll down

Archived