Fedgroup Berg & Bush 2014 questions

Squier

Top event despite some challenging weather conditions at times. Awesome trails, hard riding, great food. What more could you ask for?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm doing the 2 Day event & it looks like I've lost my partner.

I've read in the race handbook that there is a solo category but what does that mean exactly? Do you still qualify as a finisher or is it a DNF? I still want to do the race & was never in it to win it. However I would like a time for seeding in future races, Vitality points ect etc.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

As far as I understand you'll still be an official finisher.

original 2 day race

team 100 ( CRY BABIES )Mixed team.

Whoohoooooo cant wait

4 more sleepies till we head down.. hope we have good weather, but even if we don't it's still going to be great

First Berg and Bush and first stage race for myself and my partner and it was a great experience.

That was some proper mountain biking (for me anyway) with a bit of everything and some awesome views. It was a pity we had so much mist on day 1 as I am sure the views would have been much better along Great Wall my China.

Lots of flowing single track made it awesome and some testing climbs along the way as well. The wind and mud made it a bit hectic on day 3 though but the single track along the Tugela River made it worth while.

Great organization that goes into this event and great catering, I was really impressed with the quality of the food.

Well done and thanks to all involved!!

I will definitely recommend this to anyone.

PS The camera work on the videos they showed after each race briefing was frikkin awesome, I am still wondering how they got that right.

Ive just got back from the 3 Day Descent.  Which was fantastic but really really hard, especially Day 1, 95 kms and in the rain and fog!!  The organisation is fantastic. The routes are so well marked.  Spionkop has 14 bumps and the descent on the otherside is spectacular, think of a black ski run!    I would have the family stay at the Race Village, there was so much support there this weekend...  Loads of spouses and kids there.  I think you are allowed to pitch tents in the car park area....

As far as I understand you'll still be an official finisher.

Yes, you will.  You can switch to solo rider and your results will count.  There were about 60 or so solo riders this weekend and all there results have counted

What an amazing experience! Had the biggest jol with my dad and so proud of him. My knee was giving problems leading into the event and despite the fact that day 1 was the furthest he has cycled up to date (not even mentioning the technical riding), he pulled me all the way to the finish line. What a champ! Luckily I could help him on the following 2 days after the massage tannie (Gill Williams) sorted my knee out, big ups to her as well :clap:

Man, I already miss the vibe!

Good luck to everyone doing the Great Trek and 2 day event, I'm so jealous

What a great weekend away, very well organised event. Had a real jol.

My partner had to bail at waterpoint 1 on day 1 unfortunately due to illness. Rode it as a solo for the rest of the race. Happy with the result thou.

As for the riding, and I'm gonna get shot down for this. I'd say it was 60/40, 60% great trails, 40% K@k. Maybe it would have been better in parts if I had company.

All in all a really lekker weekend away.

What a great weekend away, very well organised event. Had a real jol.

My partner had to bail at waterpoint 1 on day 1 unfortunately due to illness. Rode it as a solo for the rest of the race. Happy with the result thou.

As for the riding, and I'm gonna get shot down for this. I'd say it was 60/40, 60% great trails, 40% K@k. Maybe it would have been better in parts if I had company.

All in all a really lekker weekend away.

I definitely think you were just lonely[emoji6]

Hey I am so excited I sommer wore my b and b cycling shirt that I got in my goodie bag last yr on our ride today.

Hey I am so excited I sommer wore my b and b cycling shirt that I got in my goodie bag last yr on our ride today.

Ha,ha,ha......entered GPS coordinates of venue in Garmin today......the 4 hours drive is 4 too long!

Ha,ha,ha......entered GPS coordinates of venue in Garmin today......the 4 hours drive is 4 too long!

Aaw.. we have a 5 hour drive. No doubt I will make hubby leave earlier than needed whahaha..

We pulling our what i call our bike caravan as my boet and his wife are also travelling down with us..

Ive just got back from the 3 Day Descent.  Which was fantastic but really really hard, especially Day 1, 95 kms and in the rain and fog!!  The organisation is fantastic. The routes are so well marked.  Spionkop has 14 bumps and the descent on the otherside is spectacular, think of a black ski run!    I would have the family stay at the Race Village, there was so much support there this weekend...  Loads of spouses and kids there.  I think you are allowed to pitch tents in the car park area....

Gotta agree.  Was also my first eva stage race and I found it awesome.  Great organising.....well marked route....u could not take a wrong turning.  Some really great descents....increased my descending skills.....would definitely recommend the race.

Archived