Wolwespruit Bike Park

bez_01

had a short ride there on sunday morning, really enjoyed it, the trail keeps you busy!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Approximately 15km.......but you will be busy for an hour.....or more.

Definitely an hour or more. Some fast sections but some really intense sections. There is very little straight boring riding, just enough to get some fluids in.

Anyway doing a second lap is where the fun starts.

Well worth the ride! The trails are obviously new and need a rainy season plus some riding in. I agree the black ain't really that technical but I can see how you can clip a pedal on a rock or jam a front wheel and then it's OTB so the grading is not misplaced. Everything is rideable even the climbs. This feels like a combination of Rietvlei with some Thaba in between and a nice addition to the trails available in Pretoria which now amount to 6 within a 30 minute drive from the CBD.

If one is really looking for an adventure you can now do a few PTA tracks in a day. You can even mix free riding and paid track riding and distance training.

ie. Wolwespruit, Klapperkop and Wonderboom together should give you a marathon distance with lots of fun bits inbetween.

Did a relaxed 40km ride this morning, including Wolwespruit twice........ followed by a nice breakfast at MIMO's (Waterkloof Ridge shopping centre). Lots of place to securely park one's bike and enjoy an after-ride kuiertjie......... think my routine for the next few Saturday and Sunday mornings is fixed.

Edited by BarHugger

Are the descents worth the climbing? Enduro vibes?

Definitely.

One slower more technical descent and one fast bermed switchback descent. Both keeps you busy for quite a bit. And there's a lot more.

Edit: autocorrect...

Edited by Squier

Definitely.

One slower more technical descent and one fast beamed switchboard descent. Both keeps you busy for quite a bit. And there's a lot more.

Yip, true.......if you really want to be busy on the descent, take the black route after the climb to the top of the koppie (at fork take trail to right) - almost similar to a bit of Van Gaalens' stuff, just a little bit less klippertjies, although there are some tight and narrow fits for the wheels. Very enjoyable and maybe (just) white knuckle stuff if you get it wrong.......

• 3 weeks later...

Well done guys, I enjoyed it this route. Kept you busy and awake all the time. Will do it again next weekend by combining Klapperkop and then wolvespruit :thumbup: :clap: :w00t: :eek:

Rode there yesterday, very fun track... they do need some rain and probably at least another 5kays of track, but I am sure that will come with time. Two loops for now will give a lekker workout to most :thumbup:

Definitely.

One slower more technical descent and one fast bermed switchback descent. Both keeps you busy for quite a bit. And there's a lot more.

Edit: autocorrect...

Any idea on distance from top to bottom and elevation loss per descent? An endure worthy descent must be atleast 1,5km long with around 200m elevation loss. Have they built any jumps on the routes?

Hey Guys,

We are still in the development process of the park and still have tons to develop.

We are definitely going to have jump line options and jump specific sections. An endure line is one of our passions so we will be looking at that shortly. We firstly want to get our basic structure of the park sorted and then expand on that to accommodate all riding styles.

We are in desperate need of rain at the park to solidify a lot of the track, so once we have some rain the riding will be even better!

I'll try keep you all updated, but if you guys have any opinions and suggestions let me know. We are all here to ride some leke trails and enjoy the park in all styles and levels.

Rain forcasted for the weekend.....light rain now.

Suggestion: FREE BEERS!!

(subject to a non-trading discretionary DONATION of the Mandela type towards the Wolwespruit development fund)

Edited by BarHugger

Rode the whole loop today .Nice warm-up in the lower part before crossing the bridge for some very enjoyable climbs and descents .Took me an hour to do 1 loop .I liked the few switchbacks .Only place where you can train riding them in PTA