Wolwespruit Bike Park

bez_01

Go check out our Facebook page (Wolwespruit Mountain Bike and Trail Park) of some pics we took this morning to get a little better idea of what it looks like from the air...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have there been any security issues at Wolwespruit? Getting a bit worried of where to go riding in Pretoria lately with all the crime.

Edited by Beer4Recovery

• 2 weeks later...

Go check out our Facebook page (Wolwespruit Mountain Bike and Trail Park) of some pics we took this morning to get a little better idea of what it looks like from the air...

Some positive critic: Would be nice if you can extend the run-outs of the berms, most of them feel like they stop too early... meaning you cant carry really fast exit speed, and especially the last one on the main black descent is actually dangerous cause it transitions suddenly from berm to off camber..

• 1 month later...

Some positive critic: Would be nice if you can extend the run-outs of the berms, most of them feel like they stop too early... meaning you cant carry really fast exit speed, and especially the last one on the main black descent is actually dangerous cause it transitions suddenly from berm to off camber..

I rode Wolwespruit on Sunday and I do agree with all the positive feedback in the posts above. I also felt that some of the berms need to be extended by a meter or two. It might be my lack off skill as I am not used to riding the short radius berms found at Wolwespruit. I really enjoyed the rocky decent on the black trail.

The suikerbosse (proteas) must be something to behold when in full bloom?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Went for a ride at Wowespruit on Sunday.  The downhill / dirt jumping line is awesome and pump track very cool.  My only negative feedback is that signage on the trails are not good at all.  We wanted to do the blue trail and could not get the starting point.  The guy on duty was new and not well trained to assist as well.  Please don't get me wrong, the only reason I give this feedback is because I feel that the trail has great potential and would like to see the issues raised to be addressed. I understand there will be some new developments in the new year with a coffee / bike shop (hopefully a loo, too).  Thanks guys :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just a shout out to the guys from Trailwolf/Wolwespruit, the new sections are absolutely brilliant.

After being of the bike for 3 weeks due to the flu I went for a ride there this morning. Couldn't believe how different it is. I have been a regular and always enjoyed riding there but felt there was a bit of a disconnect between the 2 sides of the spruit, that is not the case anymore. The overall flow has hugely been improved and it is really a lot fun to ride.

One can see that a lot of work and effort has gone into it. It is much appreciated.

Really well done  :thumbup:

• 1 year later...