• Martin Scorsese
    • Ridley Scott
    • M. Night Shyamalan
    • Steven Spielberg
    • Quentin Tarantino
    • Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

Jurre.... Did I miss the sarcasm Font here?

I'll be giving the sequel a miss..... But that's ok... Cos I haven't seen the first

I'm not even mad. That's impressive. Ag just watch it. Practically a right of passage at this point. And by this I mean the inner circle of quotes, parodies and memes. Its a pretty awful movie. But that's exactly what makes it so good. I mean there are lots of movies where the cheese is just too cringe to bare. But not this one. Top Gun went full circle. They lay it on so thick its glorious. I already have Short Term 12 lined up. I haven't even heard about it before you mentioned it.

https://youtu.be/xa_z57UatDY

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jurre.... Did I miss the sarcasm Font here?

I'll be giving the sequel a miss..... But that's ok... Cos I haven't seen the first

What is wrong with you[emoji33][emoji6]

Just watch the movie.

Edited by Gen

What is wrong with you[emoji33][emoji6]

Just watch the movie.

I just can't stand him...I think I watched it back in the day.. But I have no memory of it..I couldn't bring myself to watch it

I just can't stand him...I think I watched it back in the day.. But I have no memory of it..I couldn't bring myself to watch it

Gees, Stretch, lately you have been sounding like the old guy shouting 'Get off my lawn'. And the memory going too... Although to be fair, our move over this side has been hectic on us, too, and the Depends are starting to cost a fortune.

I know it's not a movie but my wife and I have now binge watched all 5 seasons of 'Brooklyn Nine Nine'. Funniest thing I have seen in ages, especially given my aged outlook.

Edited by Thor Buttox

I know it's not a movie but my wife and I have now binge watched all 5 seasons of 'Brooklyn Nine Nine'. Funniest thing I have seen in ages, especially given my aged outlook.

My brother, like you, binged all the seasons non-stop. I just don't find it funny. 

Gees, Stretch, lately you have been sounding like the old guy shouting 'Get off my lawn'. And the memory going too... Although to be fair, our move over this side has been hectic on us, too, and the Depends are starting to cost a fortune.

[emoji23] Lol... There are certain things that irk me.. Really irk me.... And Tom cruise is one of those... I'll hush now [emoji23]

DC movie marathon on TV:

Green Lantern (2011) 4/10. Still as crap as I remembered it.

Constantine (2005) 7/10. One of those underrated movies that's worth a second watch.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 7/10. I've made no secret  that I'm not a Christopher Nolan fan and that unlike (apparently) the rest of the galactic population I don't get a nerdgasm when I watch his movies. It's a pretty good movie, though.

DC movie marathon on TV:

Green Lantern (2011) 4/10. Still as crap as I remembered it.

Constantine (2005) 7/10. One of those underrated movies that's worth a second watch.

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 7/10. I've made no secret  that I'm not a Christopher Nolan fan and that unlike (apparently) the rest of the galactic population I don't get a nerdgasm when I watch his movies. It's a pretty good movie, though.

Also saw that, and makes me wish they'll start a Marvel movie marathon, especially after Stan Lee's death.

I didn't mind Green Lantern too much. I had watched it before, but seeing Blake Lively is always refreshing.

Watched a bit of Constantine last night, also seen it before, but went to bed after a while. I'll carry on with the movie tonight.

Strangely enough, I'm not a big fan of Batman movies, but give me a Batman video game any day, like something from the Batman: Arkham series.

Also saw that, and makes me wish they'll start a Marvel movie marathon, especially after Stan Lee's death...

I think they had a Marvel movie marathon just a couple of months ago, so I doubt they will do that again. But I do hope they broadcast some of the documentaries - it was always fascinating to listen to him.

My son loved the first Incredibles when he was a toddler...waited a long time for the second one.. basically his whole life...

Him all excited as an almost 17 yr old to watch the second one..and i must confess it was awesome.

75f5956edd1f9c57d1baa4f317d81b28.jpg

I thought Incredibles 2 was fantastic. Incredibles 1 and monsters Inc 1 stand out head and shoulders above all the rest of the Pixar stuff