• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

couple of good movies coming up. First one....

THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI is a darkly comedic drama from Academy Award® winner Martin McDonagh (IN BRUGES). After months have passed without a culprit in her daughter’s murder case, Mildred Hayes (Academy Award® winner Frances McDormand) makes a bold move, commissioning three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at William Willoughby (Academy Award® nominee Woody Harrelson), the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell), an immature mother’s boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.

Written and Directed by: Martin McDonagh

Produced by: Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin, Martin McDonagh

Cast: Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Abbie Cornish, Lucas Hedges, Željko Ivanek, Caleb Landry Jones, Clarke Peters, Samara Weaving with John Hawkes and Peter Dinklage

CUED. 

Three Bilboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) 8/10.

Watched Three Billboards last night and... Wow. I don't even know where to start. One of the most fascinating, riveting movies I've ever seen. Everything clicks, from the writing, casting and acting to the directing and the editing.

I loved it. I laughed out loud and winced and gasped and silently mouthed, "Holy S..." too many times to count. Not everyone will like it, but I am willing to bet that if you like it you won't just like it - you'll love it.

Best Director?

Tim Burton, especially when paired with Johnny Depp on the other side of the camera.  The two are the Gilbert and Sullivan, the Fry and Laurie, the Laurel and Hardy of the silver screen.

Best Director?

Tim Burton, especially when paired with Johnny Depp on the other side of the camera.  The two are the Gilbert and Sullivan, the Fry and Laurie, the Laurel and Hardy of the silver screen.

photo.jpg

Gonna go see ‘Molly’s Game’ on Friday.

Jessica Chastain is really in top of her game.

Looking forward to this one as well. She really seems to get better every time I see her in a movie.

Gonna go see ‘Molly’s Game’ on Friday.

Jessica Chastain is really in top of her game.

got me at jessica chastain  :blush:

I just watched Shot Caller..that was actually really good and a damn good performance by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

Molly’s Game

7.5 / 10

Lead act superb

Supporting act in Elba well played

Story line - held my attention, gripping

Molly's Game (2017) 8/10.

I really liked it, but I've been an Aaron Sorkin fan for years. I understand some people feel Sorkin was a bit too clinical in his directorial debut and that Chastain's character came across as a bit too cold, but I was too fascinated by the story to let that bother me and (Sorkin being Sorkin) the pace and dialogue are so snappy that the movie's two hours go past in a flash.

Three Bilboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017) 8/10.

Watched Three Billboards last night and... Wow. I don't even know where to start. One of the most fascinating, riveting movies I've ever seen. Everything clicks, from the writing, casting and acting to the directing and the editing.

I loved it. I laughed out loud and winced and gasped and silently mouthed, "Holy S..." too many times to count. Not everyone will like it, but I am willing to bet that if you like it you won't just like it - you'll love it.

Woody Harrelson is the master of dark comedy. I recommend anyone to look up some of his lesser known comedic roles in this genre... And nothing more needs to be said about Frances Mcdormand

Predestination 2014 - Ethan Hawke

It's a old movie but if you haven't seen it id recommended you check it. Very interesting.

Watched this on Netflix last night, super strange true story.

Even with the Polish accent he keeps reminding me of Nacho Libre.