• Orson Welles
    • Edgar Wright
    • Michael Bay

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a watch of the trailer. Looked quite impressive, but two hours long might have been a bit long for a film about a whale that gets the hump with a boat... 

I'm assuming you're talking about Into the Heart of the Sea?

Saw the movie, and thought it was quite good.  The story is based more on the crew, the moby dick whale only features for a short while.

I'm assuming you're talking about Into the Heart of the Sea?

Saw the movie, and thought it was quite good.  The story is based more on the crew, the moby dick whale only features for a short while.

Ja, that's the one. Couldn't think of the name. Ta for that - will keep it in mind. The trailer seemed very focused on the whale.   

Point Break...3/10...pre-teen entertainment at best.

My son took some friends to go watch it for his 14th bday.. even they were a bit meh about it.

Ordered Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag from Takealot yesterday, will be my first Assassin's Creed game. Looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into it.

You may as well stop right there with black flag. . My lot say every assasins game after that was a bit of a let down.. seems they just aren't able to do better than that one.

As for star wars.. I opted not to watch the new one.. never been a huge star wars fan.. so hubby and the boys watched it... of course my youngest is star wars crazy.. and I curse the fact that he has recorded all of them and every weekend he watches at least 3...

Watched Mr. Holmes over the weekend. What a goddam snoozefest. Excellent performances, but staying awake was a real challenge. 

Don't go to the movies after a hard training session, Odinson

:devil:

It's VERY good. 

good to hear. Always enjoyed Di Caprio movies.

except That one. But it did have Kate Winslet in so not all bad. But then again it had Celine Dion singing, so lets go with K@K then.

Edited by MTBeer

except That one. But it did have Kate Winslet in so not all bad. But then again it had Celine Dion singing, so lets go with K@K then.

yeah, agreed. The Beach was brilliant, IMO

Just be prepared - it's not your typical movie. It's gritty and at times there's a distinct lack of dialogue. But it just works. 

yeah, agreed. The Beach was brilliant, IMO

Just be prepared - it's not your typical movie. It's gritty and at times there's a distinct lack of dialogue. But it just works. 

I liked it, but I also didn't like that it was pretty gory.  There were a couple of times I had to just close my eyes.  The one scene I had to leave the room :blush:

i think he is a little bit overrated and very often rides on the coat tails of very good directors or other very good actors...outside of gilbert grape - everything has been meh...but not terrible...but not great either..don't get me wrong..he is still a good actor...just not had that wow performance yet

everyone goes on about him not winning an oscar...but point me to a movie where he really deserved one...i honestly don't think he has ever been snubbed...list below

2015 The Revenant 
 2013 The Wolf of Wall Street 
 2013 The Great Gatsby 
 2012 Django Unchained 
 2011 J. Edgar 
 2010 Inception 
 2010 Shutter Island 
 2008 Revolutionary Road 
 2008 Body of Lies 
 2006 Blood Diamond 
 2006 The Departed 
 2004 The Aviator 
 2002 Catch Me If You Can 
 2002 Gangs of New York 
 2001 Don's Plum 
 2000/I The Beach 
 1998 Celebrity 
 1998/I The Man in the Iron Mask 
 1997 Titanic 
 1996 Marvin's Room 
 1996 Romeo + Juliet 
 1995 Total Eclipse 
 1995 The Basketball Diaries 
 1995 The Quick and the Dead 
 1993 What's Eating Gilbert Grape 
 1993 This Boy's Life 

but then the oscars are a bit of a farce anyway...and he will win this year without a doubt