How to arrange payment/collection

Byron Nichles

Any advice on how to arrange payment / collection for a bike advertised on the Hub? Seller won't release until funds cleared but I am reluctant to pay a complete stranger in advance ... any advice will be appreciated!

Meet at the bank? Or if he's far away, your a bit stuck.. You'll have to get someone you know or Trust to meet them at the bank.

Check the sellers Profile and rating!! You only got 2 posts.... So maybe u can't be trusted!! :ph34r:

Bit of a catch 22.... Either find someone trustworthy that live close by to do the transaction for you or do it through a LBS. Failing which, there is going to have to be a bit of trust shared between both of you.

Based on some of the scams that have been revealed here, I would be reluctant to let my property go until I the funds had cleared into my account and I had transferred the funds into another account....

Bit of a catch 22.... Either find someone trustworthy that live close by to do the transaction for you or do it through a LBS. Failing which, there is going to have to be a bit of trust shared between both of you.

Based on some of the scams that have been revealed here, I would be reluctant to let my property go until I the funds had cleared into my account and I had transferred the funds into another account....

What is LBS???

Local bike shop....

Is always going to be an issue buying online, trust the guy a bit if he has a good rating.. This is why deal feedback is so important

Any advice on how to arrange payment / collection for a bike advertised on the Hub? Seller won't release until funds cleared but I am reluctant to pay a complete stranger in advance ... any advice will be appreciated!

Have you got a link to the advert?

Where is the bike. We provide a service in Cape Town. We are Veri-Bike. We go out to make sure that it is the bike that you saw on the Hub. Give it a good check over and even pack it for you(bubble wrap and box it). R500 is our asking rate. Transport is for your account. Edited by Smurfy

Do your research - get an e-mail from a work address if it's a company you know or can find online or ask them to take the bike to a shop where you can speak to the shop directly about it. They could also inspect the bike for you and pack it for the courier (normally around R150 for a box and packing). I would never send anything to someone I didn't know without getting full payment up front - it's their risk to take, not mine, as I already have the item they want.

Arrange to meet in a public place, do a cash swap with a baseball bat nearby if things go pear shape.

Unless i totally trust the other person buying over distance as a seller i would not let my bike go and as a buyer i would not part with cash until i have the bike in my hands and everything checks out.

Where is the bike. We provide a service in Cape Town. We are Veri-Bike. We go out to make sure that it is the bike that you saw on the Hub. Give it a good check over and even pack it for you(bubble wrap and box it). R500 is our asking rate. Transport is for your account.

We are in the Packaging game, and the courier guys come around daily.