[Event] MTN National MTB Series #8 Ride Crater Cruise Driven By NISSAN

WesselvdWalt

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any thoughts on a gear ratio for an ss? wil6? currently on 34x16. not too keen to spin my gat off for a few hiurs...

ooooh so 775m climbing for the marathon. Have to do it on my boyfriend's 26er duel sus. havent ridden one of those in forever. Plus my favourite excuse the altitude. Guess I will just suck it up (literally) and do it.

Long Trek from the coast for the wife and me to go and suffer in the altitude,hopefully the temprature will be kind to us,doing the ultra.

I can't see it being to hot. Probably just dry and dusty. The weather for the Tarialseeker 3 this past weekend was perfect.

Had it been a day earlier, Friday, I think I would have still been riding now with that wind.

Edited by Muggins

The Ultra filled up quickly! cap was at 300, we din't expect this!

Due tot he fact that the route is pretty much 50% separate we increased this to 600 due to popularity!

Just remember this is a new "tougher" route compared to the previous 100km+ Crater races in the past.

The Ultra filled up quickly! cap was at 300, we din't expect this!

Due tot he fact that the route is pretty much 50% separate we increased this to 600 due to popularity!

Just remember this is a new "tougher" route compared to the previous 100km+ Crater races in the past.

Yes I think there are going to be a few people in for hopefully not too nasty surprise.:o

Marathon route looks good, going over that ridge, not been there before.

Just changed to 1x10. The ultra would be my first race on this but thinking of 34 front 11-36 rear!

Dont know if this would be wise or not?

Just changed to 1x10. The ultra would be my first race on this but thinking of 34 front 11-36 rear!

Dont know if this would be wise or not?

I dont know how steep the extra climb is thats in this years race, but for the old route the biggest problem you would have is probably getting dropped in the beginning because the 34 is too small. The start is flat and very fast.

Edited by canfan

Heard rumours that the 115km is going through the Berakah 4x4 trail. That should make it very interesting...

Just had a look at the map and it definitely looks like we're going through Berakah...

Edited by sias

Heard rumours that the 115km is going through the Berakah 4x4 trail. That should make it very interesting...

Just had a look at the map and it definitely looks like we're going through Berakah...

Sias,please elaborate not familiar with the area.Thanks