Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

Marnitz will be the sweeper .  :whistling:

The chasing Hyena, eating all the left overs......

http://www.planetdeadly.com/wp-content/uploads/hyena.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chasing Hyena, eating all the left overs......

http://www.planetdeadly.com/wp-content/uploads/hyena.jpg

Think I need to call Meryl to cancel. Way too unfit too play with hyena's

Just had a look at freedomchallenge.org.za.

Quite astounded at the number of people riding this year - seems to be a full house, I count about 67 to Rhodes and another 49 to Paarl.

I am seriously feeling like I am missing out with all the old faces in there too.

The only consolation is that the more people the more daily drama for us siting behind keyboards.

Very chuffed to see so many new people getting the gees and at the same time seeing seeing people like Marnitz still so excited after so many years.

What an event!

PS: I think Marnitz is the only one who qualifies to smack talk, for the rest of us mortals the trail has a way of settling the score of any over confidence

ja. now my 7th consecutive FC on the tracker, the blanket is getting used again already but it needs a friend.

Just scanning the entry list i think we have an open field. Tim James and Marnitz have got the FC experience but I think we could see a dark horse emerging this year for the win.

oh oh oh, and good to see Gary 'mr berg and bush' Green on the startline.

Having a look at my wonderfull training stats I am getting really worried:

January: Road: 340 offroad:50

February Road: 700 offroad: 50

March: Road: 60 offroad: none

Thats about as much in three monts as I should have been able to do in a month. Seeing the doctor on wednesday again. Looks like I'd better go on a fishing trip in june :(

Having a look at my wonderfull training stats I am getting really worried:

January: Road: 340 offroad:50

February Road: 700 offroad: 50

March: Road: 60 offroad: none

Thats about as much in three monts as I should have been able to do in a month. Seeing the doctor on wednesday again. Looks like I'd better go on a fishing trip in june :(

You'll be fit when you reach Rhodes, you just need to be on the start line to get fit.......

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ja. now my 7th consecutive FC on the tracker, the blanket is getting used again already but it needs a friend.

Just scanning the entry list i think we have an open field. Tim James and Marnitz have got the FC experience but I think we could see a dark horse emerging this year for the win.

oh oh oh, and good to see Gary 'mr berg and bush' Green on the startline.

There are a couple of Dark Horses hiding :

• David Waddilove
  • Johann Rissik
  • Beat Jegerlehner
  • Liehann Loots
  • Robbie McIntosh
  • Arno Crous
  • Jacques Swart
  • Ivor Jones
  • Stuart Roos
  • and then there's Fish Visser lurking on the side line....... 

Luckily everyone know's I'm the Nag Apie at night and the sweeper Hyena at day, I'm not fast only meticulously persistent..........

There are a couple of Dark Horses hiding :

• David Waddilove
  • Johann Rissik
  • Beat Jegerlehner
  • Liehann Loots
  • Robbie McIntosh
  • Arno Crous
  • Jacques Swart
  • Ivor Jones
  • Stuart Roos
  • and then there's Fish Visser lurking on the side line....... 

Luckily everyone know's I'm the Nag Apie at night and the sweeper Hyena at day, I'm not fast only meticulously persistent..........

If Lehana wins, I will call bulsh1t on the maps/narratives/tracker etc.

Really want to get marnitz nervous by calling him a top contender!

Between him and tim they have 5 finishes under 16 days...no one else mentioned has even done it in under 20.

You'll be fit when you reach Rhodes, you just need to be on the start line to get fit.......

Thing is my arm will it last till rhodes?

Last time I dared go on a mountainbike it was totally buggered after 50 relatively easy k's. Sunday I might ride again first time in about two months, hoping but fearing a lot the bugger wont hold.

watch out for this guy

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/077/b/e/Hyena_Crossing_by_screwbald.jpg

But you got to spend a few miles on this saddle to "break "it in .

Indeed a Brooks but you need some big time to break it in, 25 hours a week from now might just do it. Else its very specific depends on the shape of your ass and TITS.

Avoid thin padding, avoid really racy shapes and carbon beds. Oh and lightweight and brand new as I felt very well in ride to Rhodes.

My girlfriend says I am getting fit as my belly is getting smaller. I think its just the light and her eyesight fading.

Time to get some sun for me instead of being on laptop.

Archived