Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

Thanks , this sounds like sooo much fun !!  :eek: . As a "newbie" I got no plans to do anything at night but sleep .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks , this sounds like sooo much fun !!  :eek: . As a "newbie" I got no plans to do anything at night but sleep .

I think we must team up, the Nag Apie don't like sleep either and I only stop when I got lost at night........

As a newbie I had plans for Lehana's at night, luckily Steve Thomas put some sense in me, on another occasion I attempted Skufteberg in a blizzard, if it wasn't for Oom Gawie that prohibited me from going any further I would have met Rageltjie de Beer for sure. 

You're absolutely right it's a moerse lot of fun and an unforgettable experience !!!!

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Ok I poer-poer along until you catch up and then we can team up . :clap:  To make sure you don't run on empty I will leave one item in my box for your consumption at every CP . If you get to a CP and my box is still full then wait a bit I most probably got lost .

None of us but Graham would like to do Osseberg at night, although I might give it a go this year....... 

Please oom Marnitz can I tag along?

What would you say is the main reason for taking part in the Freedom Challenge, in other words what would you like to achieve ?

• Which needs do you want to be addressed ?
  • How do you want your needs to be addressed ?
  • Which principals and beliefs would you like to guide you on your experience ?

What would you say is the main reason for taking part in the Freedom Challenge, in other words what would you like to achieve ?

prove that Martin dreyer isn't human

• Which needs do you want to be addressed ?
  • How do you want your needs to be addressed ?
  • Which principals and beliefs would you like to guide you on your experience ?

Could we say that our needs are :

• To experience the people and the land.
  • To explore your limits and to push your boundaries.
  • In a personal challenge against yourself, facing and conquering your fears.
  • To learn to appreciate life itself.
  • To complete the route in the shortest time.

By mountain biking non stop under own power across remote parts of South Africa on an unmarked off-road terrain, through dirt roads, farm roads and tracks, animal tracks and footpaths, navigating only by means of maps and narratives, without the use of GPS devices. Doing it in an unsupported manner, experiencing the true splendor of the country and the warm hospitality of its people, while adhering to the rules of the Freedom Challenge under own power and without the aid of others, finishing in the shortest possible time. 

1. Because of a lifelong sense of adventure and exploration.

2. To remove myself from the rat race, even for just a short while (freedom!).

3. To learn again how to just live in the moment.

4. To learn a bit more about myself.

No real reason , because its there ? After following this race for a few years on the Hub and blogs it sounded like a good idea to enter it almost a year ago . 

Repacking my stuffs last night I realized that I have way to much sheeet that needs to be charged everyday !! 

Phone

Tracker

IPod

Bike light

External Power pack

So out came the soldering iron  , converting one time USB cable to charge 4 different devices . Now I only need one cable , one power point (if available) and one USB charger . I must have skimmed of 22g from my bags !! That should equate to 1 day at least I would think ?  :clap:

Repacking my stuffs last night I realized that I have way to much sheeet that needs to be charged everyday !! 

Phone

Tracker

IPod

Bike light

External Power pack

So out came the soldering iron  , converting one time USB cable to charge 4 different devices . Now I only need one cable , one power point (if available) and one USB charger . I must have skimmed of 22g from my bags !! That should equate to 1 day at least I would think ?  :clap:

Haha - good luck with all that at Vuvu... You'll have no phone, no tracker, no iPod, no bike light and no external power pack finding Lehanas in the dark the next morning...

Thanks for the warning . I will plan for that . NO power is not part of my planning !!! Dont care for phone and tracker but IPOD will stay on !!

Archived