Prep for 2015 Freedom Challenge / Race to Rhodes

Been riding flats for two years now . Ordered the sealskinz outfit and will make sure bout shoe fit when I get them thanks

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have got a brand new pair of Shimano MW 80 size 46 available if anybody is interested.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/shimano-mw81-gore-tex-winter-spd-boots-2014/rp-prod66829

Excellent shoe, just make sure you buy the right size.

I prefer the Shimano MT91 boot, bit on the heavy side, but you can use it for multiple Freedom Challenges

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/shimano-mt91-mtb-spd-boots-2014/rp-prod47344

:clap: Getting psyched up again, maybe I must ride again next year...........

:devil: But then I would love to see David experiencing the Freedom in all it's glory again.........

Difficult decision to make.....

Most probably will only do this one . Biggest problem is that the family will not have their 3 week holiday next year .

:clap: Ok did some work on the profile . Where can I get GPX or Google Earth files for the routes ? Only manage to find pictures of the routes . :eek:

:clap: Ok did some work on the profile . Where can I get GPX or Google Earth files for the routes ? Only manage to find pictures of the routes . :eek:

Wood chopping ??? :w00t:

Rather do the hard yards creating a Google Earth path yourself by checking against the maps. It takes days (you've got months to do it :)) but it's a great learning experience if you do it yourself. I've gone as far as Rhodes so far and I already have a good idea of what the trail looks like, where it's going to get hard and where I can make up time.

Rather do the hard yards creating a Google Earth path yourself by checking against the maps. It takes days (you've got months to do it :)) but it's a great learning experience if you do it yourself. I've gone as far as Rhodes so far and I already have a good idea of what the trail looks like, where it's going to get hard and where I can make up time.

What Tombeej said - you've got pretty much zero chance of gpx or google files...

...unless you ask nicely... maybe... :whistling:... probably not...

TBH the amount of hours I've spent making my Google Earth path, I'm not sure I'll let it go very easily :)

TBH the amount of hours I've spent making my Google Earth path, I'm not sure I'll let it go very easily :)

Exactly - and guys who have the actual gpx files have put in a fair amount of effort themselves ;) ...

Exactly - and guys who have the actual gpx files have put in a fair amount of effort themselves ;) ...

I have got some and can make some new one's, but I've evolved over the year's and got a bit of David's evil streak in me, you might experience the race in a whole new way.....

:devil: :devil: :devil:

I have got some and can make some new one's, but I've evolved over the year's and got a bit of David's evil streak in me, you might experience the race in a whole new way.....

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Exactly... :thumbup: :devil:

I'm confused, with all this discussion about gps tracks when you aren't allowed to use a gps or have one with you??

Archived