Argus results are up

fandacious

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work Controlc

The mind still boggles why WT cannot sort it according to Club.  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/becca.gif

Awesome effort controlc. It seems that there are results/names missing from time 4:59 up to 5:03.

Hey the file is missing.

I see only the 2007 zip file and some other races.

What gives?

Click on the link I provided earlier. The file is there' date=' it's just not listed [yet']. I'm sitting at a client and I can't access my ftp site to add the 2008 argus to the list.

As for the missing times: I'll re-download them when I get back in office or back home.

What happens is that while I'm downloading page nr xxx, WT updates their times and results start moving between pages. When WT has finished updating everything, I'll re-download everything again.

OT:

It's gonna be a loooong day. My client's exchange server popped a motherboard.Confused If I'm lucky I'll get some sleep tonight! Dead

OT:

It's gonna be a loooong day. My client's exchange server popped a motherboard.Confused If I'm lucky I'll get some sleep tonight! Dead

Join the club, except mine is a big SQL database sitting on a corrupt raid drive.

Join the club' date=' except mine is a big SQL database sitting on a corrupt raid drive.

[/quote']

The worst part: every 5 minutes someone comes to the server rom and asks: "When will we be online again?" or "What's wrong with the emails?"

Mboard swopped, now busy installing OS.

The mind still boggles why WT cannot sort it according to Club.  http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/becca.gif

Hmmm. Perhaps I should have a look at that....

Is it possible to view club membership online? If not, perhaps we should create our own database, then I can extract data per club while downloading it.

Just a thought...

Hmmm. Perhaps I should have a look at that....

Is it possible to view club membership online? If not' date=' perhaps we should create our own database, then I can extract data per club while downloading it.

Just a thought...
[/quote']

Clearly the best "Thought" of the day  Clap

Updated the xls file. It's now 300kB larger [zipped]. Guess I missed a lot of results! Embarrassed

The "4:59 up to 5:03" times are fixed as well.

Was watching the race yesterday and Phil got a sms from Tony Harding telling him his dad Ron Harding had done the Argus in 3.38 aged 69 !! I worked with Ron about 15 ago and he as probably as unfit as you could get then. Well done on that Clap

Stupid winning time... they've got me a minute slower than I had on my garmin... oh well... 347/28669. slightly better than last years 5313/28641

Same happened to a buddy of mine with a Garmin

The Garmin loses sattelite connection for a bit of time around chapmans peak and thus does not time for that period so your riding time is less by a minute or so.

Thats why you need to get a polar.Smile
   Tell your mate that is what the magnet is for. Ensures that the Garmin continues to record when satelite signal is lost.

[Tell your mate that is what the magnet is for. Ensures that the Garmin continues to record when satelite signal is lost.

That garmin speed and cadence meter is worthless. The battery on that thing lasts like maybe two weeks then it stops working and you need to replace the battery.

[Tell your mate that is what the magnet is for. Ensures that the Garmin continues to record when satelite signal is lost.

That garmin speed and cadence meter is worthless. The battery on that thing lasts like maybe two weeks then it stops working and you need to replace the battery.

A far as I can tell, my Garmin Edge 305 did not loose signal anywhere along the route (had a detailed look at the tracklog in MapSource).

My Garmin time and Winning time for the Argus only differ by a few seconds.

I did use the cadence and speed sensor, which by the way has been running on the original battery for 6 months (used regularly).

Same for Mrs mountain_lion's 305.

Sounds like you have got a problematic unit.

I agree with ML. My Garmin 305 gave my time as 3:01:45 and the WT time was 3:02:03. The reason for the difference is becuase I stopped when my chain came off on Suikerbossie (could not click it back in and completely lost momentum) and there is also the delay between when the group starts and you actually start moving in beginning of the race.

Regarding your battery, get it checked out. I ahve had my unit for 1 year and only replaced the battery once.