Want to know who that roadie was that didn't wave at you?

DikBuffalo

mmmmm good idea, I can now go and check who the three idiots were parked in the middle of the road in Groenkloof just after the s-bend down section on Saturday.....

mmmmm good idea, I can now go and check who the three idiots were parked in the middle of the road in Groenkloof just after the s-bend down section on Saturday.....

A HA... Martin T... and whoever was with you ... Please do not stop in the middle of the road to chat. Move slightly sideways so others can follow the line!! I'm already loving this!!

I remember going out for a ride a couple of years ago on Christmas day and everybody greeted and smiled - roadies, joggers, even motorists :thumbup: . Now it's a ritual. I ride every Christmas day and it's the same experience. So my assumption is that it's not the roadies, or the MTBers, or even the joggers who are unfriendly. It's the stressfull lives we live. People in general are less friendlier. I greet everyone in the hope that I will cheer up at least one person each day.

Follow link to Strava labs and enter your activity ID for that day......see who didn't wave at you, who threw that wrapper, who was riding the wrong way......or if you just want to increase your ability to stalk.

http://labs.strava.com/flyby/

If you manage to get the name of the cyclist who did not wave back at you, what are you going to do ? Lay a charge at your nearest LBS or SAPS ? Why this issue is raised time and time again is beyond me. If strangers on bicycles refuse to greet or wave back at you it is their right to do so. This is the real world that we live in . Just because you ride a bicycle does not mean that you have some divine right to insist that every person on a bicycle should greet or wave back at you .When you shop at a mall , do you greet or wave at every shopper and voice your displeasure on a public forum if another shopper (stranger) refused to greet or , wave back at you? Rather concentrate on your ride instead of trying to get every Tom Dick and Harry on a bicycle to wave back at you. It is far more relaxing.

That's just scary.

Stalker material.

Hayley - you are stalker material...... Just look at how many profile views you got since your post:)

Hayley - you are stalker material...... Just look at how many profile views you got since your post:)

:whistling:

If you manage to get the name of the cyclist who did not wave back at you, what are you going to do ? Lay a charge at your nearest LBS or SAPS ? Why this issue is raised time and time again is beyond me. If strangers on bicycles refuse to greet or wave back at you it is their right to do so. This is the real world that we live in . Just because you ride a bicycle does not mean that you have some divine right to insist that every person on a bicycle should greet or wave back at you .When you shop at a mall , do you greet or wave at every shopper and voice your displeasure on a public forum if another shopper (stranger) refused to greet or , wave back at you? Rather concentrate on your ride instead of trying to get every Tom Dick and Harry on a bicycle to wave back at you. It is far more relaxing.

o, so jy is een van daai nors manne?

This is a really amazing tool, in races you can see how far the break away was, when you lost and gained time. I can see hours of my life disappearing.

Strava Labs is incredible! As for waving, I go out to ride my bicycle, not to wave.

Edited by Patchelicious

I don't wave, nor do I get upset if someone doesn't wave at me. When I pass someone I might greet them, depends how fast I'm going.

On the other hand, my daughter who rides with me waves at everyone, they all wave at her, and she talks to nearly everyone we pass. Sometimes I have to wait for her while she is jabbering away, which irritates me tremendously.

It's a case of different strokes for different folks. Do whatever is right for your own personality, and don't be upset that others don't think the same way you do

Edited by Falco

and don't be upset that others don't think the same way you do

This is the best thing that could ever have been posted on the hub....

....and eyes forward on the road at all times (unless I quickly look back to see if it is save to cross the road)....
You keen on a Backtracker?

1 out of every 6 roadies will wave when you great them and 5 out of every 6 mtbers will great back

I used to fish a lot in Plett and when i drove from George to Plett i used to check this for a few months and this was the end result

All of the buggers are riding illegal on the N2 anyways..lol

Why is it illegal?