Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

If you read some posts back you will see I said the bridge looks descent.

I think this race is going to be good fun.

The only bridge I was negative about was the Heira Safari bridge. I think it needs some work.

To make it up to you I will buy you a beer at the race afterwards.

You can buy me a beer? :) 

Have seen the "vault" concept they have for aiding MTBers drinking beer after the race?

https://www.facebook.com/urbanMTB/photos/a.171028333067783.1073741828.168915499945733/214361008734515/?type=1

--Andy

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How far is the water points on the 52? Just want to confirm water bottle or camel bag. . .

Good question, let me check with the organisers and get back to you...

--Andy

How far is the water points on the 52? Just want to confirm water bottle or camel bag. . .

Righto. Answer from the organisers.

There are TWO water points - but Camel Bag Bak's HIGHLY recommended as they'll be quite far apart. It'll also most likely be quite hot come 12 October...

There is plenty of beer afterwards, but that won't help during the ride. Well, at least, won't help most people.

--Andy

How many doing the various race distances, this will affect and influence the number of water points

Edited by shaper

How many doing the various race distances, this will affect and influence the number of water points

Thought is at the moment to cap entries at 5000, although I'm not sure what the split between 52km and 22km will be. Logic dictates less people will do the 52km?

--Andy

Said it on facebook too. Thats not really enough water points. Should have about 4. Please consider at least one more around halfway.

Have sent your feedback to Russell and Neil @ JUMA HQ!

--Andy

&h-ting my self for the floating bridge, but i cant wait... Doing the 52 km. Loving this race idea "urban" hoping it becomes a thing in jozi like the 94.7. On my weekend spruit run saw the guys set up camp at fratellis

Have sent your feedback to Russell and Neil @ JUMA HQ!

--Andy

Event organizers could learn a lot from you guys. You engage everyone and actually listen. Cant wait for this event. Keep it up!

Event organizers could learn a lot from you guys. You engage everyone and actually listen. Cant wait for this event. Keep it up!

Aw, shucks... Thanks man :)

Just cool that the Hollard + JUMA team is letting us go straight to the source, the real MTB fans... This has been a fun campaign so far, so we'll look at doing more of it for other events...

--Andy

Said it on facebook too. Thats not really enough water points. Should have about 4. Please consider at least one more around halfway.

Depending on the heat of the day of course, but 2 water bottles (750ml) should get you around that loop quite comfortably. So I think 2 water tables should be more than enough. The only place that I really will be sucking my water pipe is around the Melville Koppies area (which seems like it is in the beginning of the ride). The part after the 37km mark I can actually not believe it looks like such a climb, because riding it is easier than it looks on the elevation graph.