Urban MTB Assalt

fastlegs

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did enjoy the 52km race. Was a harder race than the normal 94.7 race.

A few ideas ...

Get somebody like Jetline action photo to take photo`s next year.

Three distances 80km for the guys who want technical stuff and ride up Silvia`s pass.

40km Ride for the average weekend mtb person. Easy route with less bottle necks.

20km route that in no way overlaps the other two routes.

More water points,like the ones at the nissan trail races.

I was in the early batches so did not have any bottle necks.

But on the way home, i did see all the people at carlow road, red bull (csir) site .

They took up the road both sides to go down the single track.

It must have been a long day for them.

Otherwise it was a very nice race. :clap:

Some highlights (for me at least) of the race. Unfortunately the GoPro battery ran out before the floating bridge. 

http://youtu.be/gvOM-1aJXyU

That's a good edit but I feel like I've now seen a lot more of another guy's inner thighs than I'm comfortable with.

That's a good edit but I feel like I've now seen a lot more of another guy's inner thighs than I'm comfortable with.

Are you sure? I've got the unedited footage of around 2 hours if you'd like to see more ;)

Why all the complaining about bottlenecks? I see that somebody from group X finished in 2:14, somebody from group S finished in 2:16 and groups T and R finished in 2:17. Could not have done that if there were bottlenecks  :eek:

Why all the complaining about bottlenecks? I see that somebody from group X finished in 2:14, somebody from group S finished in 2:16 and groups T and R finished in 2:17. Could not have done that if there were bottlenecks  :eek:

Unless they took the split and rode the 22km..?

Lol, ya I was in V and pretty sure I spent like 2:14 IN bottlenecks. :P

Was able to pretty much gas it though from where the race turned west after the road bridge and then south again onto the spruit.

Lots of riders in top 100 took the 22km shortcut. Makes the results heavily skewed

Yeah, but you get a great seeding for next time that way!

Why all the complaining about bottlenecks? I see that somebody from group X finished in 2:14, somebody from group S finished in 2:16 and groups T and R finished in 2:17. Could not have done that if there were bottlenecks  :eek:I

I started in R, looked at the guy that came first in R's (2:16) Racetec profile. His average speed for Last year's 94.7 road race was 22km/H and his avg speed for the Juma 52km starting in R was 21.5km/h....

I started in R, looked at the guy that came first in R's (2:16) Racetec profile. His average speed for Last year's 94.7 road race was 22km/H and his avg speed for the Juma 52km starting in R was 21.5km/h....

It was a great off season?

Then he must have had no queues or jumped them.

I was in G(If I remember correctly), chased like crazy, and the queue @ the red bull thing looked like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1JvAT6GDpLTkhseTI5TzRyd1E/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1JvAT6GDpLU0VTOU1xNURhRDg/view?usp=sharing

Are you sure? I've got the unedited footage of around 2 hours if you'd like to see more ;)

Hahaha you just know there's a japanese website somewhere that will pay good money for that.

Lots of riders in top 100 took the 22km shortcut. Makes the results heavily skewed

Agreed I suspect there are many in that Top 100 outside A/B/C that shouldn't be there...

There is No-way people coming from Behind 10 groups in those Obstacles will be riding 2h16s 

And if they were capable of 2h16 they wouldn't be in F/S/X groups to start with

Archived