wattbikes at virgin - fitness test

Nice lads...you just need an MMP power program now and you set.

I prefer mmp tests over ftp.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice lads...you just need an MMP power program now and you set.

I prefer mmp tests over ftp.

Spit it out....whats your number? Saw some Wattbikes at VA and decided to have a closer look. They are all Wattbike Pro and not Trainer. Not sure that's right.

Spit it out....whats your number? Saw some Wattbikes at VA and decided to have a closer look. They are all Wattbike Pro and not Trainer. Not sure that's right.

365 MMP....

And you oom?....lift that skirt.

Yes in the first 30 seconds it is not so bad but in the last 30 seconds my avg went down quick.I guess it only shows I am unfit at the moment.

Must say do not know how the guys get up to 1500Watts peak, sitting down.

Will be taking slip from you when in the Cape.

I find I always go too heard in the first 45 seconds, then pay for it in the last 30. Want to see if can get the 3 min to 440W by end of season. What is an MMP?

365 MMP....

MMP, how do we find that out?

Also you can export your effort to a flash drive, I did it but there is no software in the world I could find that would accept the file type.

365 MMP....

Last one was 350ish....getting old

On Wattbike plug in a flashdrive and download Wattbike software to view data

MMP, how do we find that out?

Also you can export your effort to a flash drive, I did it but there is no software in the world I could find that would accept the file type.

That is your 3 minute test result...it will spit out a watt number afterwards....called your MMP number. Max Minute Power...meaning basically, the most avg watts you could maintain for a 1 minute period somewhere in the 3 minute test.

That number is used for these zones and watt bike training programs....Its is very different to your FTP number.

Once you have the MMP number you put it into there and it will spit out your zones

http://wattbike.com/...ones_calculator

after reading your posts it seems yours is 440W :eek:

Last one was 350ish....getting old

Ja but you weight slightly more than n mossie....W/kg....that is what counts

That is your 3 minute test result...it will spit out a watt number afterwards....called your MMP number. Max Minute Power...meaning basically, the most avg watts you could maintain for a 1 minute period somewhere in the 3 minute test.

That number is used for these zones and watt bike training programs....Its is very different to your FTP number.

Once you have the MMP number you put it into there and it will spit out your zones

http://wattbike.com/...ones_calculator

after reading your posts it seems yours is 440W :eek:

Awesome. I found that little zone thing, has made gym a little more fun/beneficial. I downloaded the wattbike software but it would not import the file from the bike.

I then googled the file extension and came up blank

Awesome. I found that little zone thing, has made gym a little more fun/beneficial. I downloaded the wattbike software but it would not import the file from the bike.

When opening the Wattbike software, close the initial screen and select from Menu - Device, transfer from logger and select USB.

Yea the zone thing is a must....once you have your zones you can create or buy a program to train in these zones

When opening the Wattbike software, close the initial screen and select from Menu - Device, transfer from logger and select USB.

Did that and it now works, but it just gives me a big circle.

Very interesting, may be busy this afternoon

I see most of you say what your avg watt was for the 3min. Am I correct in saying that its worthless info if you dont state your weight as well?

I see most of you say what your avg watt was for the 3min. Am I correct in saying that its worthless info if you dont state your weight as well?

Not avg for the 3 minutes....best average power for a continuous minute within the 3 minute test....aka MMP

No, its very valuable since you will calculate your training zones from there....weight is brought into the equation when you are racing or competing.

Not avg for the 3 minutes....best average power for a continuous minute within the 3 minute test....aka MMP

No, its very valuable since you will calculate your training zones from there....weight is brought into the equation when you are racing or competing.

Yes I understand that, but if I want to compare my numbers with yours I will need to know your weight? Just becasue you do 365 and I do 350 it does not mean you will be faster than me.

Archived