Help with Customs

Jaguar Shark

Ahoy hubbers need some help re. dealing with customs. They are holding a package of mine from good old Hong Kong and are demanding a proof of purchase as they're most likely not imaginative enough to pull a tax number out of their arse. It's been 4 and a half months and am just about ready to punch someone in the face... Anyone been in this wonderful position and could kindly provide some advice??

Edited by Jaguar Shark

can't you provide anything via email? I had a frame and old parts sent out and had a similar situation. i had no proof of purchase because the frame was a prize. had to send them an itemised list via email of what things cost ( rounded down A LOT) but they still charged me a fortune. free frame and old parts and i payed customs.. what a rip off

Do you have an invoice from the seller?

What is the reason for them holding the package?

Ahoy hubbers need some help re. dealing with customs. They are holding a package of mine from good old Hong Kong and are demanding a proof of purchase as they're most likely not imaginative enough to pull a tax number out of their arse. It's been 4 and a half months and am just about ready to punch someone in the face... Anyone been in this wonderful position and could kindly provide some advise??

Give cpt armpies mayhem a PM

Ahoy hubbers need some help re. dealing with customs. They are holding a package of mine from good old Hong Kong and are demanding a proof of purchase as they're most likely not imaginative enough to pull a tax number out of their arse. It's been 4 and a half months and am just about ready to punch someone in the face... Anyone been in this wonderful position and could kindly provide some advise??

Sounds pretty standard.

Last month I brought in wheels, customs holds the package until I went there with an invoice and paid my VAT and clearance fee, exact same thing for my frame this month.

Won't have any issues if you have the invoice for what you bought.

• 5 years later...

So after having had my bike stolen In November last year and ordering a frame and a rear shock online

It seems the Rear shock is "stuck" Its been a month since the parcel left the Dude posting it. 

Any Ideas? Or do I just sit here and wait till kingdom come?

Item summary

Tracking number Origin Destination Status RB760566605UA UKRAINE SOUTH AFRICA On route

Activity summary

Local date/time Activity Location Remarks 1/13/2020 1:43 PM Posting/Collection 76018   1/14/2020 5:37 PM Arrival at outward office of exchange KIEV PI-1   1/15/2020 10:39 PM Departure from outward office of exchange KIEV PI-2

Print the purchase screen where your name, address, item details and cost is. Then go down to them and present it. Its that easy, trust me. They will come back to the counter and tell you, you owe them 1 million dollars

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Print the purchase screen where your name, address, item details and cost is. Then go down to them and present it. Its that easy, trust me. They will come back to the counter and tell you, you owe them 1 million dollars

So you think its already at my post office the system has not been updated yet? 

The tracking number can change when SAPO takes over the package. Try phoning customs at the airport and someone might be able to tell you what the "new" tracking number is. 

So you think its already at my post office the system has not been updated yet? 

Try Janine at cptinternational(at)postoffice(dot)co(dot)za 

Whenever an international package lands in SA I email her and get a local number. You can then use the SAPO track and trace website (when it isnt down) to keep track of things. 

So after having had my bike stolen In November last year and ordering a frame and a rear shock online

It seems the Rear shock is "stuck" Its been a month since the parcel left the Dude posting it. 

Any Ideas? Or do I just sit here and wait till kingdom come?

Item summary

Tracking number Origin Destination Status RB760566605UA UKRAINE SOUTH AFRICA On route

Activity summary

Local date/time Activity Location Remarks 1/13/2020 1:43 PM Posting/Collection 76018   1/14/2020 5:37 PM Arrival at outward office of exchange KIEV PI-1   1/15/2020 10:39 PM Departure from outward office of exchange KIEV PI-2

Sorry didnt read this properly. No, you gonna wait a while. You will have to wait until it says JIMC, then its in Johannesburg. Another 2 weeks or more, then it will be at cape mail Hub. The you can either go there with your invoice, chances are you will be charged more, and the container might not yet be unpacked. Otherwise wait another week or 2 for it to arrive at your post office. 

Best is to keep tracking it, as you will find that to wait for the slip from your post office to your letterbox will take another 2 weeks. 

Yay, So Theres an update! After almost 4weeks of radiosiglence

Local date/time Activity Location Remarks 1/13/2020 1:43 PM Posting/Collection 76018   1/14/2020 5:37 PM Arrival at outward office of exchange KIEV PI-1   1/15/2020 10:39 PM Departure from outward office of exchange KIEV PI-2   2/17/2020 11:47 AM Arrival at inward office of exchange

CAPETOWN A

I will wait for it since my Frame is still on its way as well. 

Edited by Bos