Attacked on Helshoogte

Gerlach

this is for people that own firearms and are willing to use it - where would you suggest is the best place on your body to carry a firearm in a holster( 45) and where in CT is the best place to go buy one. This is my choice and those that want to badmouth me, all to there own. The buggers want your bike, not you. I am entitled to defend myself and my property within the law and I intend doing that.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax everyone, our government has a plan - they are going to toll the roads all around Stellies! That should solve the crime problem pronto! Seems to work in Joeys! :ph34r: ;)

this is for people that own firearms and are willing to use it - where would you suggest is the best place on your body to carry a firearm in a holster( 45) and where in CT is the best place to go buy one. This is my choice and those that want to badmouth me, all to there own. The buggers want your bike, not you. I am entitled to defend myself and my property within the law and I intend doing that.

Go to the the garage on the corner of bottelary and klipheuwel/stellenbosch road. There is a hunting sports place next to the caltex garage. Otherwise in cental cape town there is also a good gunshop with a shooting range.

My brother owns a glock and carries it concealed in a 'manbag' made especially for a weapon. In the front it has normal carry space for wallets, books etc. and in the back pocket (zipped) it has a holster. Very snazzy

Edited by Maniax

I have a CZ 100 9mm. It fitS perfectly in the back pocket of my cycling jeysey. Always make sure that you have your gun licence with you. I had to turn around in order to fetch it. The cops will lock u up if you dont have it with you. You might end up in the same cell as the hijackers. :cursing: :devil: :eek:

Agree with Maniax, the gun shop @ the Engen has lekka stock, just gonna take a ong time for ur licence. SAPS full of SH.T. :ph34r:

Edited by Smurfy

'Go ahead, make my day, Boet'

AND AFTER THE INCIDENT YOU MUST PROOVE THAT YOU WERE FORCE FULLY MUGGED, OTHERWISE THE INSURANCE WONT BELIEVE YOU. :wacko: :huh:

I have a CZ 100 9mm. It fitS perfectly in the back pocket of my cycling jeysey. Always make sure that you have your gun licence with you. I had to turn around in order to fetch it. The cops will lock u up if you dont have it with you. You might end up in the same cell as the hijackers. :cursing: :devil: :eek:

Agree with Maniax, the gun shop @ the Engen has lekka stock, just gonna take a ong time for ur licence. SAPS full of SH.T. :ph34r:

do you put it in your jersey or underneath? I know where that shop is. thanks. and I do have a legal license, so no problems there.

AND AFTER THE INCIDENT YOU MUST PROOVE THAT YOU WERE FORCE FULLY MUGGED, OTHERWISE THE INSURANCE WONT BELIEVE YOU. :wacko: :huh:

im not hanging around to prove anything. picking up my bike and carrying on riding. oh and my doppies. ammo is expensive.

do you put it in your jersey or underneath? I know where that shop is. thanks. and I do have a legal license, so no problems there.

EARLY MORNING IN MY SHIRT UNDER MY WIND JAMMER. EASY ACCESS. I HAVE IT IN A FLOPPY PANCAKE HOLSTER. KEEPS IT DRY.

im not hanging around to prove anything. picking up my bike and carrying on riding. oh and my doppies. ammo is expensive.

Jip ..plus your fingerprints could be on the doppies ...

I warehouse sell some nice holsters . http://www.iwarehouse.co.za/hunting

EARLY MORNING IN MY SHIRT UNDER MY WIND JAMMER. EASY ACCESS. I HAVE IT IN A FLOPPY PANCAKE HOLSTER. KEEPS IT DRY.

I don't think that's going to work with me. I normally use a wide leather belt with holster but its uncomfortable plus a tad heavy. all I need is for it to fall out and euthanize some poor gun free sa soul. I was thinking more on the lines what the cash and carry security guys use where its mounted on there chest( minus bullet proof vest)

Incident 1: Bike jackers attack with stick, get bike but no biker badly harmed

Incident 2: Biker buys gun, defends himself with gun and attackers run away, no one harmed.

Incident 3: Bike jacker buys gun and shoots biker off his bike, biker doesn't even see it. Person harmed and bike stolen

You guys are onto something here, bunch of geniuses!

Chaps, sincere question.

I live in the UK and a bunch of locals have asked me to arrange a cycling/tourist week for them around the Argus next March. Is it worthwhile to do rides in/around Stellenbosch?

I seriously dont want to ruin friendships and at tis rate, I am not sure its worth the chance.

Am I just being paranoid?