Bonus

Niemiec took a well deserved stage victory. Contador lost a few seconds to Valverde in sight of the line but seems to have a tight grip on the leader's red jersey even if his lead is only 31 seconds

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will no doubt see another huge battle during monday's stage from San Martín del Rey Aurelio to La Farrapona/Lagos de Somiedo.

The climb to the finish is 16.5km long and rises at a gradient of 6.2%. However it is the fifth climb of the day in just 160km of racing.

We will no doubt see another huge battle during monday's stage from San Martín del Rey Aurelio to La Farrapona/Lagos de Somiedo.

The climb to the finish is 16.5km long and rises at a gradient of 6.2%. However it is the fifth climb of the day in just 160km of racing.

Thanks for all the updates Dale. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

"It's always a shame to abandon a race when it's not yet over...But, the first two weeks of racing here have been difficult and I also went absolutely full gas in the time trial for my victory...It took a while to recover 100 percent. It's no secret that I am aiming for the UCI World Time Trial Championships in a couple weeks. To me, winning these are even more important than ever before."

Martin, on abandoning

"I fell in a ravine...I had to scramble out on my own with the help of spectators. Ryder Hesjedal saved me. He's been brilliant to get me back into racing, especially after winning yesterday's stage."

Martin, who gained and now sits 7th on GC after finishing 28 secs behind Niemec

Wow!

Froomey's diesel engin is always something to see. Yet, I must admit not being a Contador fan (due to a certain TDF and a piece of meat) he is regaining my respect. Brilliant rider