Insurance companies

fafa1505

Hi guys!

Im looking to insure my bikes for theft, damage etc incl races. Any good ones you can recommend?

Thanks

Santam they cover you in races fun rides everything! No stupid clauses like it must be locked up with special locks ect

HUB is your friend.........use search function on "Cyclesure". Have a cup of coffee ready for interesting and informative reading.

(and remember to read the TOCs, the small print and everything else.....monthly premium is only for marketing purposes)

Edited by BarHugger

I have no problems with outsurance from wheels that got damaged on training rides to complete bikes. Best turn around time was 6 hours and worst was 48.

Santam and integrisure are crap.... DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE.. or run them through the rings before you commit.. know of a few including myself who got burnt with them.. naaaaaiers :thumbdown:

Edited by 2Nutz

Get a good broker that will sort it out for you. Thats the key. I have a really good one if anyone wants their details.

I am with outsurance.Has anyone claimed from them yet.Would like to know if all went well or issues reguarding claims.

I am with outsurance.Has anyone claimed from them yet.Would like to know if all went well or issues reguarding claims.

I have been with outsurance for +-10 years now, did get one or two outbonus payouts from them, my wife wrote my car off on 21 Dec a few years ago, got paid out on the 2 Jan, was in a fender bender in CT, (the wheel arch from jy trailer connected with a car's door and basically broke the whole door off the car) case eventually ended up in court after 3 years after I thought everything was settled, went to court, lost the case and outsurance came to the party and paid the whole 3rd party claim of close to R15k.

I can only talk good for them because with every claim whatso-ever, I only had good service from them.

Edited by BENG

Crap... 2 terrible experiences with them and will never go near them.

I'm very happy with Cyclesure. I haven't claimed yet but they are very professional.

The one thing that made me go with them is that they are bike specific and not just insuring another "thing". They also have a field in the form that insures your particular wheels (I have a bit of an old bike with new pricey SLRs)

I'll keep tabs on this conversation... currently in the market to have my bikes insured with a good and cost effective company