"Argus" route ride Saturday 30/08/2014

Wannabe

Doing an "Argus" route ride this Saturday.

Starting at Greenpoint Virgin Active at 07h00

Pace will not be hard.

Possible Breakfast Stop in Noordhoek for those interested, rest can carry on.

Will not be following exact Argus route, will only join up with route proper at foot of Boyes drive. Avoiding Nelson Mandela Blvd and Blue route.

No following vehicle, so make sure you are well prepared.

Lights is a must, as it is still dusk at that time.

All are welcome.

Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

note well - a portion of the main road in muizenberg is closed and hopefully going to be opened on friday.

otherwise boyes drive

Its a 100m stretch that is closed to motor vehicles which have been re-routed via boyes. Cyclist can walk through that stretch.

Info was obtained from the environmental consultants involved with the road works, but as stated should be completed by 22 August -Friday

Edited by Winstonian1984

Start at VA Greenpoint at 07h00 (bring along lights, still fairly dusk at that time)

Going out on Liesbeek Park, past Newlands towards Constantia. Spaanschemat rd to Westlake. Join Argus route proper at foot of Boyes drive.

Pace will be fairly relaxed. Took us just on 5hrs to complete the ride last year. Avg pace was just under 25km/h.

Guys are free to strtch the legs up the climbs, we just regroup at the top (Smitswinkel, Chappies, Suikerbossie)