New gf bike...

MaXiMuM

Ok, so romance is in the air... And I want to ride mass next week with the new gf.

However, she needs a scooter.

I have a 24" small for my 7 year old, but it's too small, checked already.

Who's got a. 26er, small, bike that she could try it at mass? Trust, it has to be small.

Girls would be best, but anything will do...

Buy, rent or loan?

Or any body seen a good deal on something that can get her out of the gate smiling?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only emphasize how crucial the small is. While still dating my wife wanted to join me for a mass ride. I put her on my jump bike, which kind of fit. She had no confidence on the bike, and was nearly in tears by the end. I had to marry her before she tried riding again.

Beg, borrow, rent or whatever, make sure it fits, and that she is comfy and confident riding it. And then ride protectively around her. Some hipster will have no clue and might just ride into her.

Ok, so romance is in the air... And I want to ride mass next week with the new gf.

However, she needs a scooter.

I have a 24" small for my 7 year old, but it's too small, checked already.

Who's got a. 26er, small, bike that she could try it at mass? Trust, it has to be small.

Girls would be best, but anything will do...

Buy, rent or loan?

Or any body seen a good deal on something that can get her out of the gate smiling?

Hi

Phone Solomon's in Lynwood, Pretoria (or Jhb branch.......they will be able to organise something). Almost bought a small Axis A60 (26') form them for my daughter. Nice entry bike for a beginner..........and light (considering what else is available). All the necessary nice stuff and even has remote lock-out on shock.......all for R4,500.

I have a small 26" single speed you can loan. Wife and daughter tend to share it so it's currently set up slightly more towards medium. But easy to adjust.

And it has flat pedals on it at the moment. :thumbup:

Edited by Robodog

My gf can't even ride a bike, never learned how to. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :thumbdown:

Well, there's an opportunity to teach her your love, patience and understanding...BIG POINT SCORING opportunity right there Charley!

Well, there's an opportunity to teach her your love, patience and understanding...BIG POINT SCORING opportunity right there Charley!

pffffft, I tried. She keeps on crying. Maybe I should try the tandem thing!?

pffffft, I tried. She keeps on crying. Maybe I should try the tandem thing!?

Eish. I taught a mother of 2 to ride last year. She had a huge fear of riding having never learnt as a kid but she had great determination which is what made the difference eventually.

Much like adults who never learnt to swim.

Eish. I taught a mother of 2 to ride last year. She had a huge fear of riding having never learnt as a kid but she had great determination which is what made the difference eventually.

Much like adults who never learnt to swim.

In my case, there is a will, but a lack of determination.

My gf can't even ride a bike, never learned how to. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :thumbdown:

That's weird.. how did she get to school as a youngster.. or wait is she that young that she was part if the mom's taxi generation?

That's weird.. how did she get to school as a youngster.. or wait is she that young that she was part if the mom's taxi generation?

She lived 300m from the school.

She lived 300m from the school.

Oh i see.. but how did she get to her buddies house?

We were chatting about this the other day in the riding to school thread.. we had to ride everywhere else we wouldn't go anywhere lol.