Buyers wasting sellers time

ChUkKy

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't worry too much about post count but won't deal with anyone who has 0 posts. I like to see some sort of contribution which I can scan through to determine seller/buyers character. The other thing I do is get the dude on the phone asap. If that turns out to be a mission at all I steer clear, whether buying or selling. Chatting to someone instead of endless texting/pms usually resolves all kinds of issues like "dibs". Also easier to recognise genuine traders.

Btw, watch this space, well the classifieds, as I'm going to be selling quite a bit of stuff soon. :P

i dont know why everyone is so sensitive about their post count, I actually couldnt give a flying vaaark, what rouxtjie is saying the hub is a community as in any community he is simply more comfortable with people he "knows" in the community, and maybe his sell/post ratio count works for him. he is not attacking low post counts he is merely pointing out HIS preffrence of selling

also as said above some use hub only for classifieds, some of those are not so savoury creatures there has been issues, funny enough its normally low count poster, it does not say all are that way,

i have in the past sent items i want to sell to hubbers i "know" without meeting and without payment because of that exact reason, im comfortable and i trust them, i have done this a few times and have never been burnt, again opinion everyone has one

i even sent a SS to a very dodgy guy :ph34r: on the hub without ever have seen him, from his contribution on the hub i knew the bike was safe as houses

Presies dips....post count is merely an indicator, nothing more, nothing less. I would actually venture as far as to say that people with post counts over 10000 are the biggest losers ever :ph34r:

I See where this is going please send me your Bank details before i get in huge **** sorry Chucky

Apparently we need to get permission from Dipslick before we speak

The "post count rule" is one opinion of a couple of hubbers that are mostly here to enjoy the forum and it's community and 'discussing' everyday matters. This however will not really influence whether an item gets sold if posted by a small-post-count-hubber or not. If something is placed in classifieds, the price is right, and there is someone looking for it, it will be sold. There are thousands of people here with no to little post counts that are looking for a bike or a part or accessory everyday, so the opinion/rule of 1 or 20 hubbers will not really influence whether you sell or not.

I've started with this here Hub as a buyer/seller with no post counts four years ago... Sold and bought many items with no hassles while having very little posts. Each buyer/seller to his own. You will probably be safer off buying/selling here with no posts than on junk-tree.

Agree, the net result won't even be noticeable, however it does go beyond just the classifieds for me personally.

1000 posts... Whatever. I've been on the hub for nearly 10 years and bought and sold my fair share. What matters is this is my name and my photo which counts way more than 100 000 posts from a nickname and a cartoon avi.

Agree 100% with you. Same goes for me bru.

I just want to say to Rouxtjie, i agree it might be frustrating but don't generalise people, i hardly advertise on the hub but bought a lot of items off the hub, frame, bikes,groupsets,accesories, put a time frame on hubbers who want to buy, if the date expire sorry dude you lost out

I just want to say to Rouxtjie, i agree it might be frustrating but don't generalise people, i hardly advertise on the hub but bought a lot of items off the hub, frame, bikes,groupsets,accesories, put a time frame on hubbers who want to buy, if the date expire sorry dude you lost out

Hardly generalizing daan....no posts = no activity = no contribution. Its not that is frustrating but more about helping active contributors instead of bargain hunters that add zero value. Let me paint a picture for you...say I have an XT brakeset I want to sell at R800 bucks...I would like to give the active members the chance to get it rather than the lurkers that sit in the classifieds the whole day, because they obviously responded first. With the post count rule, they dont get the option to respond giving the regulars the chance to respond. See the one hand washes the other...I wouldnt stress to much about it though, seems I am the only one doing it.

cas247 = 6 posts

norm333 = 41 posts

See if you had the 1000 posts rule they would have been able to bugger you around.... :thumbup:

does that mean "dibs"sticks gets first priority on all classifieds?