Buyers wasting sellers time

ChUkKy

I bought a bike yesterday eve in Gauteng, as I'm in Cape Town. Hubber advertised the bike, where two guys called "dibs" and the third indicating that he will take it if the other two don't. I PM'd the hubber for his contact details just after the advert appeared. Contacted him immediately when the details came through and arranged an appointment with him that evening to be viewed by a friend up there. Agreed that I will take the bike subject to my mate's view.

8pm I got the call and all good! 8:02 the money was transferred and cleared.

Happy seller, happy buyer! ...and happy girlfriend :thumbup:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ons kan, but you won't like it.....see if there are no takers and the buyer is persistent that he MUST have it we adjust the price accordingly. So lets say I want to sell something for R1000 and you have 624 posts(like you do currently), we subtract 624 from 1000(posts here) and get to 376 short. We then take that number and make it a percentage...37.6% and add that to the value of items price...

So a 1000 rand item will then cost 1376 rond... :thumbup: Risk / Reward....that ol chestnut.

Maybe you should ask for a refundable deposit?

Chukky, got your PM and will address now

I will take full responsibility for not contacting you, yet lets be real as well, it was the last thing on my mind.

I have bought a lot from the web page and paid or collected, its really not called for to burn ones name on a public forum with out asking, but we all have our own ways

Again, i am sorry

Thanks Norm, no problem.

I did not have contact details for you so that I could follow up like I did with the others that wanted other items.

All communication went silent and I saw the conversation was deleted hence my frustration and rant. Put yourself in my shoes when you have the goods waiting then see a deleted conversation.

post-12441-0-77660700-1408537467_thumb.png

Oi....

You know that this formula works the other way too....for every post above 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000......etc etc you get a sliding scale discount. with your 11725 posts I might have to pay you to take an item.... :ph34r:

KIDDING KIDDING MAAITJIE :whistling:

Very amusing Rouxtjie.

We all have our Quirks and I can respect your call to deal with 1000 posts or more.

However when I check your Profile and i found the following, the last review you left when you purchased something from him in December 2013

Great dealing with Derick, goods were in great condition and deal went through without any issue.

Will buy from him again

From Derickv (Seller) on 20 December 2013 - 10:55

He had 0 Posts then and still has 0 Posts?

Will you as above really "still buy from him again"

Sorry Derick, don't wanna get you involved, just making a point.

I only started with my 1000 post rule since then, bought only from people with 1000 post count and above, also didn't leave reviews for those guys. My dibs rule started much earlier on for sale ads

But great inspector work, baas speurder faber. :ph34r:

Oh and PS, derrickv is an awesome guy...came recommended by someone with you guessed it, 1000 posts or more

Edited by rouxtjie

I only started with my 1000 post rule since then, bought only from people with 1000 post count and above, also didn't leave reviews for those guys. My dibs rule started much earlier on for sale ads

But great inspector work, baas speurder faber. :ph34r:

Haha, as i said "amusing". Weve all been messed around in the past.

Guess i better start posting or ill never sell or buy anything on here again.... :eek:

Guess i better start posting or ill never sell or buy anything on here again.... :eek:

881 posts to go.

start with this one and we will give you a 500 post discount

"Dipsy is a knob :clap: "

Yip, contribute...its a community not gumtree.

Bud really no issue.

You say that you were involved in an accident; hope that you are ok that it was not too serious