SUPERSTAR COMPONENTS: High Shipping Cost

Hairy

Hi All

Just take note that with Superstar they only ship via UPS tracked service .... what that means is that a 59.99 pound free hub body now comes with a 80 pound shipping cost!

So no more business with them from my side!

See below their reply to my query on shipping costs.

Hello, with our new web shop all shipping prices are worked out correctly online and cannot be change. We now ship all items leaving the UK with a UPS tracked service this is due to very high losses and long delays which we feel is not acceptable for both us and you the customer, we have decided to ship items this way to improve shipping times and to ensure items arrive and that you receive the best service possible from Superstar components.

For full info on shipping you can visit our shipping page on the web shop. http://www.superstarcomponents.com/index.php/en/shipping/

Yours

The Superstar Team

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eina dis baie!!

That is meer as baie ... that is like e-toll on steroids .. .I am sure even our local politicians would blush at such a price robbery!

There prices have also gone up..paid £66 for a set of switch evos in Feb this year with shipping. The rear hub alone is £60 i think, without shipping a set is going to set you back like £90...HULLE IS MAL!!!

Just mailed them, asking them to include a cheaper, slower option so we don't have to get raped by shipping costs. That's 2 sets of pedals, just for the shipping.

As for the tracking, I've noticed that they switched to untracked RM shipping over the course of the last 2 years. Their reasons for switching to UPS were cited as non delivery and slow delivery, as well as missing packages - the switch to non-tracked would have been the primary driver for that uptick in missing / stolen deliveries.

If they just went back to tracked RM, or even Parcelforce, it'd be a different story.

Guest Omega Man

@Hairy. My Freehub on my Superstar rear was cracked in 3 places after my France trip. Trail&Tar replaced it with a different brand for R500.

Hi All

Just take note that with Superstar they only ship via UPS tracked service .... what that means is that a 59.99 pound free hub body now comes with a 80 pound shipping cost!

So no more business with them from my side!

See below their reply to my query on shipping costs.

Hello, with our new web shop all shipping prices are worked out correctly online and cannot be change. We now ship all items leaving the UK with a UPS tracked service this is due to very high losses and long delays which we feel is not acceptable for both us and you the customer, we have decided to ship items this way to improve shipping times and to ensure items arrive and that you receive the best service possible from Superstar components.

For full info on shipping you can visit our shipping page on the web shop. http://www.superstarcomponents.com/index.php/en/shipping/

Yours

The Superstar Team

Did you email them back and tell them that the best possible service they could offer us saffers is their old method of shipping as the new price from shipping will loose them a whole lot of business compared to a few parts SAPO might swallow...

Edited by Nofearnofun

I just tested their website with 20 freehub, £80 for shipping

so its really just 4 quid shipping for a freehub...... :whistling:

To put my point further, at 120 pounds for a free hub body only + shipping you are looking at the following ex customs 120.00 GBP = 2,131.99 ZAR

you can buy a whole new Hope Evo 2 rear hub for a few rand more locally!

Evo bikes have them for R2595 http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/hubs/hope-pro-2-evo-hub-rear.html

Or a Novatec for R995 http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/hubs/novatec-d542-sb-hube-32h.html

@Hairy. My Freehub on my Superstar rear was cracked in 3 places after my France trip. Trail&Tar replaced it with a different brand for R500.

Which Superstar do you have ... I have the Trizoid.

Flowta has noted that it looks like the Halo 120t free hub looks like it would work as an alternative

Edited by Hairy

Guest Omega Man

Which Superstar do you have ... I have the Trizoid.

Flowta has noted that it looks like the Halo 120t free hub looks like it would work as an alternative

The cheapie one.