Tri Rock half in Cradle

IceCreamMan

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic that they have one in GP!

Wonder if they would have an off road option?

1.9km swin / 60km MTB / 21km run

Hope so too but more like a 15km trail run.

I would seriously struggle on a 21km trail run.

The dam swim makes it much easier for people uncomfortable with the swim leg. Its much easier to swim in a dam than an open sea swim!

Entered...would be rude not to. In my interests that this event is well supported and an absolute success to ensure it is run every year.

Why are these events so expensive?

Swim race R100, road race R250, running race R150 all equal R500.

Swim and run inside so reserve so no roads etc effected. I think these okes are just making ludacris profits.

Also: Will the ride be full road closure cos that stretch after the caves is pretty narrow with cars and bikes. Almost been taken out there on that stretch.

Glad there is one here cos will go and support my friends, but too expensive for my liking

Why are these events so expensive?

Swim race R100, road race R250, running race R150 all equal R500.

Swim and run inside so reserve so no roads etc effected. I think these okes are just making ludacris profits.

Also: Will the ride be full road closure cos that stretch after the caves is pretty narrow with cars and bikes. Almost been taken out there on that stretch.

Glad there is one here cos will go and support my friends, but too expensive for my liking

I hear you, these events are shockingly expensive ..problem is triathlons are self funding in ZA at the moment , so for the most part the prize money, expenses etc have to be paid from entrants fees.... logistics to organize and run an event like this is huge.... and there are salaries etc to be paid...... if you enter now its 1350 .... to compare , iron man 70.3 is 2k, iron man full is 4700 .... midlands ultra is 1200 , trirock Durban was 1200 if I recall....so the prcing is fairly similar all over.... 1350 is a lot though.... hopefully corporate sponsors realize the potential of marketing to tri athletes and get on board in future to subsidise the entry costs.... we wait n see..... as a matter of interest my triathlon costs for the coming season which comprises of 4 x ultra distance plus IMSA 2015 come to around 35k and that's excluding things like wear an tear on my car and bike parts etc.....not a cheap sport by any measures. but damn I do enjoy triathlons

I hear you, these events are shockingly expensive ..problem is triathlons are self funding in ZA at the moment , so for the most part the prize money, expenses etc have to be paid from entrants fees.... logistics to organize and run an event like this is huge.... and there are salaries etc to be paid...... if you enter now its 1350 .... to compare , iron man 70.3 is 2k, iron man full is 4700 .... midlands ultra is 1200 , trirock Durban was 1200 if I recall....so the prcing is fairly similar all over.... 1350 is a lot though.... hopefully corporate sponsors realize the potential of marketing to tri athletes and get on board in future to subsidise the entry costs.... we wait n see..... as a matter of interest my triathlon costs for the coming season which comprises of 4 x ultra distance plus IMSA 2015 come to around 35k and that's excluding things like wear an tear on my car and bike parts etc.....not a cheap sport by any measures. but damn I do enjoy triathlons

I understand, and I also love triathlons, but come on, the costs! Gees, it gets expensive.

I am surprised more corporates haven't "bought" into the triathlon thing, cos every single race is sold out!

Don't forget about the nutrition on and off the bike! Eating right is also a big part.

The Garf sees this race along with Trirock Durban and realises a big opportunity to take on DaveM in his both his backyards!!

Personally I would like to see a season ticket system or something. Pay R5,000 for Ironman and then you can do the full, the 70.3 as well as the 2 Olympics (Bela and Germiston). The same should go for the other franchises..............

Cheaper replacement travel wise for anyone choosing to do half distance in the new year. East London is such a schlep to get to, costly schlep at that.

Awesome I'm in !! about time we Joburgers had a local race. Tired of driving all over the country. Lets hope they get lots of support

Archived