fracture wrist

Stevief

It is outside the urban area so the speed limit probably 80km/h or 100km/h - don't think that would be the issue here.

Personally I hate that downhill and avoid it as far as possible, no shoulder, road surface bumpy&slippery and cars are quite reckless going down there and if you can reach 80km/h on your mtb imagine how fast some of the cars are going..

I am very reliefed Stevie is ok (relatively), given the speeds involved it could have been much worse, hope he gives that driver hell!

There is a sign behind the woman which says 70km/h on it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm am calm, lol

I think you should calm down, don't you think? :-)

How can it be a hit & run if she returned to the scene to check if all is ok then immediately reported it to SAPS? She probably left the scene as she maybe felt threatened, I don't know, but it's a possiblity?

Are you making this up or do you know something the rest of us don't?

By the way returning to the scene is not the same as not leaving the scene of an accident.

Just a few things pertaining the law.

STOP

If you are involved in an accident that causes injury to or the death of anyone, or which causes damage to property or any animal, you are required by law to stop your vehicle.

It is a crime not to stop after an accident, and you could be fined up to R180 000, or sent to prison for up to nine years, or both. More information on offences and penalties can be found in Section 89 of the National Road Traffic Act.

HELP ANYONE WHO IS HURT

After you have stopped, you need to find out if anyone is hurt and help them as much as you can. You also need to call emergency services. The City of Cape Town's emergency number is 107 on a Telkom landline or payphone or 021 480 7700 on a cellular/ mobile phone. You can phone the SAPS on 10111.

If you don't know anything about first aid, be careful not to do anything that might make the injury worse.

Unless you yourself need to go for help, you must stay at the scene until a police officer says you can leave. You can be criminally charged for failing to help anyone who is hurt in the accident.

Now all we need is (1) law enforcement and (2) a population who care about other people / animals / objects.

- Law enforcement to investigate and prosecute according to written laws.

- People who realise that no matter what you hit with your car, be it a cyclist, a dog, or a turtle dove, at least have the decency to stop and see if you can help it in some way.

In this land of laziness, selfishness and self entitlement, it's not going to happen.

If she had just stopped, and asked if all was ok, how can she help etc.

None of this would be happening.

Hope you heal up soon Stevie and she get nailed, being a daily commuter I can tell you 1,5m is a luxury,our roads simply weren't designed and constrcted with cyclists in mind!

Driver's contact details:

Anglina joubert

34 st peters ave

Uitzicht

Durbanville cape town

Angilaj@absamail.co.za

Driver's contact details:

I don't think it is okay to post the offenders deets on a public forum :wacko:

Maybe PM the OP rather and delete those from the public forum??

possibly worth deleting them from your quote too...

There is a sign behind the woman which says 70km/h on it.

It is only 70 from there on, down the hill it is 80

I don't think it is okay to post the offenders deets on a public forum :wacko:

Then neither would posting a photo of an alleged reckless driver with a photo and the car involved. It ain't that hard to take the jump from a registration plate to getting other details.

Then neither would posting a photo of an alleged reckless driver with a photo and the car involved. It ain't that hard to take the jump from a registration plate to getting other details.

touché

check out the arm post op

looks like a space mans paint scraper! (is it trolling to make fun of your bionic wrist?)

......and if she GOOGLE her name.........mmmmmmm.........what is this HUB thing?

Welcome, welcome sister......hope you have a decent keyboard......en nerwes van staal!

Archived