Tokai Switchbacks ...... ... DON'T !!!

porqui

i agree with Porqui. hell, i'm all for leaving them flat, or even better, MORE OFF CAMBERS!!!!!

actually, railing a flat corner with good technique and on the very thin edge of all remaining grip, that's nirvana.

Berms.. whatevs.

Edited by Capricorn

i agree with Porqui. hell, i'm all for leaving them flat, or even better, MORE OFF CAMBERS!!!!!

actually, railing a flat corner with good technique and on the very thin edge of all remaining grip, that's nirvana.

Berms.. whatevs.

Dirt roadie alert!!!!!

If they're bermed they aren't switchbacks. Berms have their place, but not there

Edited by Flowta

Dirt roadie alert!!!!!

that makes zero sense, and worse for you, HIGHLY ironic.

anyway, mailed TokaiMTB the suggestion.

Eldron: i'm very sure someone on this forum (Crow?) might have challenged you to come smash some Tokai trails. Might have been 2 or more years ago now? Anyway, now that you have reason to visit the cape more, how has Tokai been? I think the challenge then was how gnarly the tokai trails can be vs the pedalcured stuff up north ;) That fluff aside, what's the experience been like?

that makes zero sense, and worse for you, HIGHLY ironic.

anyway, mailed TokaiMTB the suggestion.

My phone doesn't do smiley faces. There should have been a few after my remark.

Put your internet weapon back in your pants.

i will ride them tomorrow and give my unprofessional opinion tomorrow, personally i like the challenge of getting around each switchback without dabbing....with a few bunny hops for good measure....now it will just be about speed.....which I suppose poses its own challenges.

My phone doesn't do smiley faces. There should have been a few after my remark.

Put your internet weapon back in your pants.

Needs a worthy challenge to be even considered reaching for. That clumsy posting of yours didn't pass muster even in that regard. :thumbup: but listen up sunshine, stop being lame, and answer the question bout yer experiences at Tokai...

Edited by Capricorn

i will ride them tomorrow and give my unprofessional opinion tomorrow, personally i like the challenge of getting around each switchback without dabbing....with a few bunny hops for good measure....now it will just be about speed.....which I suppose poses its own challenges.

They are no more - but would not be surprised if they grow back again during the week.

Eldron, berms may be bliss to rail properly, that's for sure... but there are many other trails in Tokai that berms can be built on, and are. The bridal path, however, is not one of those trails. It's an old, narrow beautiful piece of trail that is just vest left to its natural state... raw

Edit. Ah. You forgot to use comic Sans. ..

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

They are no more - but would not be surprised if they grow back again during the week.

where are the berms in question? Was up there last week (first time in literally years) and will be going tomorrow morning with some mates. Will have a look again.