Bike service Cape Town CBD

ibruegge

Hello, 

always used to go to Cyclelab in town, got along well with Steven. What other LBS in town can you recommend for servicing a lazy man's bike? I struggle to actually find a CBD based bike shop... 

thanks 

CBD cycle stores:

Revolution

Action

CWC

JOC

So quite a few to choose from ... :thumbup:

Edited by Thomo

So Glad to see you guys giving Actions the thumbs up.

Ive been using them since 2001 when they were still in Chipini street.

Went to Revolution cycles the other day as I thought I'd try another shop(was kind of on my way home)

Left there feeling Ripped off, and that sh!tty feeling when the shop attendants have "that" attitude one hates so much.. yes the one where you feel like your 20k mtb is not worth their time and you are so inferior because they thought they knew more about bikes than what you did.. aparently not as..the service was SHOCKING.

my discs were so full of grease I had to take the pads and discs off and scrubb them with degreaser and boiling water..my gears were not working, my fork was set up wrong, my tires was pumped to 4 bar my deraleur limits was set.. WRONG..

I should make a whole thread about how mad I was when I was on my way down the mountain with no brakes overinflated tires etc..

Walked into Actians last Friday to buy something, Marco just gave it to me..Ledgends! Support them they deserve it.

Sorry for the rant..

Edited by Bos

Get hold of Rafeeq ,he rents space from 'the handlebar' in Sea Point , or google Blackspade bicycles, he is top class and value for money.

So Glad to see you guys giving Actions the thumbs up.

Ive been using them since 2001 when they were still in Chipini street.

Went to Revolution cycles the other day as I thought I'd try another shop(was kind of on my way home)

Left there feeling Ripped off, and that sh!tty feeling when the shop attendants have "that" attitude one hates so much.. yes the one where you feel like your 20k mtb is not worth their time and you are so inferior because they thought they knew more about bikes than what you did.. aparently not as..the service was SHOCKING.

my discs were so full of grease I had to take the pads and discs off and scrubb them with degreaser and boiling water..my gears were not working, my fork was set up wrong, my tires was pumped to 4 bar my deraleur limits was set.. WRONG..

I should make a whole thread about how mad I was when I was on my way down the mountain with no brakes overinflated tires etc..

Walked in there last friday to buy something, Marco just gave it to me..Ledgends! Support them they deserve it.

Sorry for the rant..

that brake thing.. yasis. i hope you went back to them just how much BS they putting into LBS. I'll bet they didn't even take your bike around for a quick spin to check everything. But to be fair to the Stirlings, I doubt that their is workshop policy.

But i still prefer Action Cycling. With all my bikes. Even my farmgate :P

Edited by Capricorn

that brake thing.. yasis. i hope you went back to them just how much BS they putting into LBS. I'll bet they didn't even take your bike around for a quick spin to check everything. But to be fair to the Stirlings, I doubt that there is workshop policy.

But i still prefer Action Cycling. With all my bikes. Even my farmgate :P

Stirling and his son are great blokes, at least kind, they are well stocked on tires, which Ive bought from them before. But the service department is shocking..

Edited by Bos