Cyclist down at Llandudno entrance

Bernard Horn

Early morning sunday...less than 12 hours after the boks clean up the aussies there's a chance the oke p[artied hard and was still over the limit/sukkeling met 'n babbelas. by running away he can get away with that charge without being tested.

how do we create the scenario where people don't flee the scene...it's too easy?

(admittedly, the burry incident is quite similar in the collision scenario - AFAIK there the taxi driver owned up immediately)

The only way I see a change in attitude is that the law must just change if you leave the scene of an accident, the charge of negligent driving and or involuntary manslaughter (if the person was killed) to assault with the intent to do harm and or murder.  The reason for this is that you are refusing that person the nescesary medical help he/she requires in those immediate moments because you are too damn "slapgat" to take responsibility for your actions.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sad incident and my thoughts are with the injured cyclist and her family. I do my very best to stay off the roads; one has only so many lives and I have had a few bad frights on the road.

This may be off the limits but maybe "Argus" (CT Cycle Tour) revenues should be aimed primarily at making cycling in CT (& maybe elsewhere) safer. Charity begins at home. Disclaimer: I'm not sure what charities are supported.

A sad incident and my thoughts are with the injured cyclist and her family. I do my very best to stay off the roads; one has only so many lives and I have had a few bad frights on the road.

This may be off the limits but maybe "Argus" (CT Cycle Tour) revenues should be aimed primarily at making cycling in CT (& maybe elsewhere) safer. Charity begins at home. Disclaimer: I'm not sure what charities are supported.

As one of the beneficiaries of the CT Cycle Tour, PPA invests heavily in the Safe Cycling campaign.

It's not the car that kills the cyclist, it's the driver.

How to change the mindset of the driver is the holy grail.

18 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the WC this past weekend. A number of those were head on collisions. Selfish decisions were made , resulting in the loss of life.

It's that selfishness we are fighting against.

The saying goes, "It's not guns that kill people"

The 28 year driver of the vehicle was arrested and he is due in court on Thursday. Facing reckless driving, driving under the influence and failing to stop charges! 

The 28 year driver of the vehicle was arrested and he is due in court on Thursday. Facing reckless driving, driving under the influence and failing to stop charges! 

In my opinion incidents like this should be escalated to attempted murder, someone needs to be made an example of.

Wishing the injured lady a full and quick recovery.

I'm afraid as summer approaches and we try beat the heat with early morning rides, chances are we're more likely to be sharing the road with motorists driving back from a long night out. A very scary thought, not to even mention the growing risk thanks to FOMO and using mobile devices whilst driving.  

Hope he is sharing a cell with Bubba

As one of the beneficiaries of the CT Cycle Tour, PPA invests heavily in the Safe Cycling campaign.

It's not the car that kills the cyclist, it's the driver.

How to change the mindset of the driver is the holy grail.

18 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the WC this past weekend. A number of those were head on collisions. Selfish decisions were made , resulting in the loss of life.

It's that selfishness we are fighting against.

The saying goes, "It's not guns that kill people"

What is the possibility that the safe cycling campaign can invest some of its monies in bringing perps such as these to proper justice? Also assist with the coverage of this event and ongoing investigation? Getting a guilty conviction with some adequate sentencing would provide a far greater discourse amongst the general public around cycling safety and why the cycling community is lobbying for laws such as 1.5m!

I hope the victim also pursues a civil claim against the motorist, he needs to get hit in the pocket as well as with a criminal charge. 

I hope the victim also pursues a civil claim against the motorist, he needs to get hit in the pocket as well as with a criminal charge.

I agree if we can't rely on the rule of law to keep motorists in control then we need to make them fear loosing their assets if they drive negligently

so the journalists do their research here too

Members of the club posting on The Hub SA, a local forum for cyclists, said they hoped the driver would be prosecuted severely for what he had done.

One user said: “I hope the p**** driving gets caught and prosecuted to the max, not for just causing the accident but for leaving the scene and not taking responsibility.”

Archived