Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

I got all excited when I saw that but I think it's the usual... Only at the start & end.

So did I, I tried google mapping it and was not sure which roads were closed and for how far. Oh well, 7500 entrants, wonder when it will be A) Big enough for road closure B)Too big for Stellenbosch.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have an idea of how the seedings are calculated? I had a good Argus but a bad One Tonner, bit worried lol, aiming for a sub 2:45

Anybody have an idea of how the seedings are calculated? I had a good Argus but a bad One Tonner, bit worried lol, aiming for a sub 2:45

You'll be fine. They will take your better seeding result.

So did I, I tried google mapping it and was not sure which roads were closed and for how far. Oh well, 7500 entrants, wonder when it will be A) Big enough for road closure B)Too big for Stellenbosch.

Thats double the DC entries. Gonna be conjested when the long and short routes meet at Klapmuts. Last year that stretch of road was open the the public.

Can't wait for this race to grow big enough to justify full road closure. If they continue to grow at this rate it might not be that far off (here's hoping!!)

Thats double the DC entries. Gonna be conjested when the long and short routes meet at Klapmuts. Last year that stretch of road was open the the public.

No short route this year..

Just in;

Sign at the bottom of hellshoogte "Cycle Tour R310 Helshoogte Rd closed between R44 and Cluver Rd 07h00-14-00 Sun 30 November"

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee  :clap:

So far the weather looks like it's going to turn out to be great day for riding.  Not too hot, not too cold, just enough wind to cool you down.

So far the weather looks like it's going to turn out to be great day for riding.  Not too hot, not too cold, just enough wind to cool you down.

Yeah, if Windguru is to be believed, there might even be a bit of a tailwind on the R44.

I got all excited when I saw that but I think it's the usual... Only at the start & end.

when we did the route the boards were up . the road pass the prison is closed

Weather indeed looks like its gonna be awesome! Pity that its probably going to change. This is the Western Cape.