Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done. I said a week ago I would never pay the R330, but I remembered how much I enjoy this race every year! Blame it on my ADD and OCD...

More like FOMO

330...........daylight robbery. Wonder why all the branding has changed.....sponsors pull out?

Sponsor being Die Burger, do you see a news paper sponsoring anything?

I am surprised though that Momentum did not jump in to be honest.

I think that if they hold out for a big sponsor they could get road closures which many wish for.

Although going up old held was nice it was really dangerous last year in the first few groups, people in gutters, massive holes and debris everywhere.

Apparently Liberty are now the sponsor..........race up old hells was lekker. was one of my favourite races from last year, pity about the entry fee :(.

Apparently Liberty are now the sponsor..........race up old hells was lekker. was one of my favourite races from last year, pity about the entry fee :(.

I see so now on the website, the insurance dudes look like they are raking in the dosh :D Back in the day I am sure this was the Sanlam Burger... Too young to remember.

Ja. The old Sanlam/Burger was not really such a nice race.  The route was really uninspiring.  Did the short route in 96 with my wife to be on our new Giant ATX880 MTBs.  Stopped midway to have a brekkie done by a friend on a skottel.

Oh well...missed the Durbie dash, missed getting and Argus entry and therefore do not have to do this race...geesh looks like I nearly saved a R1000 :whistling:  some leka bucks for some more brekkie rides :clap:

Oh well...missed the Durbie dash, missed getting and Argus entry and therefore do not have to do this race...geesh looks like I nearly saved a R1000 :whistling:  some leka bucks for some more brekkie rides :clap:

I entered the Burger and Argus, but at the rate the price of these 2 races increase it might be the last time I ride them.

Missed the Durbie Dash and not gonna do the Burger(gone made with entry fees). Gonna be my last Argus as well.  Rather enjoy a good couple of brekkie rides with my mates.

Not doing this race. Too pricey. Doing origin of the trails stage race in Stellenbosch, and resting Sunday.

Was about to say how can you say the Burger is too pricey and then go and do the overpriced Origin of Trails...

Now I noticed they dropped the "free" jacket and halved the entry fee from R1,800 last year to R900 :thumbup:  

The Origin of Trails just got back on my to do list... (and to think last year I took abuse on thehub for suggesting it's overpriced...) 

Was about to say how can you say the Burger is too pricey and then go and do the overpriced Origin of Trails...

Now I noticed they dropped the "free" jacket and halved the entry fee from R1,800 last year to R900 :thumbup:  

The Origin of Trails just got back on my to do list... (and to think last year I took abuse on thehub for suggesting it's overpriced...) 

I think its good value. It includes breakfast and lunch, on both days. The food was lekka last year. And the routes are just amazing, worth every penny. I absolutely love that race.

Archived