Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

Kinda screwed if you want to use this as  a seeding event. Got you by the balls then hey!

Guess the Argus  Cape Town Cycle Tour will have to be my yearly seeding race then.

Although this year they used all the PPA races for Argus seeding.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess the Argus  Cape Town Cycle Tour will have to be my yearly seeding race then.

Although this year they used all the PPA races for Argus seeding.

Oh did they? So I could have entered the West Coast express instead of Die Burger Stellenbosch Cycle Tour and still had a reasonable seeding for next year?

I didn't do the Argus this year, and only do mountain bike races generally, so I've been counting on doing Die Burger for my Argus CTCC 2015 seeding.

Jip, they did. Got exactly the same seeding for the Argus as what my PPA seeding at the time was.

(luckily it was not too shabby at that stage. :whistling: )

Oh did they? So I could have entered the West Coast express instead of Die Burger Stellenbosch Cycle Tour and still had a reasonable seeding for next year?

I didn't do the Argus this year, and only do mountain bike races generally, so I've been counting on doing Die Burger for my Argus CTCC 2015 seeding.

Any racetec timed races counts towards your Argus seeding.

This include MTB races. (Same as in 2014.)

So- “Die Burger ” grip on my nuts-   has loosened somewhat now!!

Agree race entree seems have big profit margins.   Just took last year’s 100km entries of 4741 with PPA Rates of R225 got them +/-R1.1Mil including the 44km race.  This excludes any sponsors or PPA backing.  With a race history like this with the web already setup, marketing done just chance the dates and same small detail.  What expenses will make up R1.1Mil??

I was the race director for the SA`s in EL and with I had 20% of that budget including my sponsors.

Bike racing has become like golf.

If you want to make money, then arrange a golf day, the same principle applies to the sport of cycling unfortunately....... :thumbdown:

Gonna be lining up for this one. The SO needs to do this seeding event so that we get an earlier start for the CTCT!

Skipping the Durbie Dash this weekend, as the entry fees are making it too pricey to ride in all the events...

How do you justify an entry fee in excess of R300.00 for a 96km jaunt around Stellies on roads with no Road Closure?

The CTCT is steep already at R400.00, but that does include full road closure, an Expo in the days leading up to the event, proper "Race Village" at the finish area, etc. The whole day is an Event.

The Burger (or as I am lead to believe, soon to be known as the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour) is wayyy overpriced as it does not give you a fraction of what the CTCT does.

BOGGLES MY MIND!!!!!

Guess I'll be doing something else on Sunday 30 November 2014.

How do you justify an entry fee in excess of R300.00 for a 96km jaunt around Stellies on roads with no Road Closure?

The CTCT is steep already at R400.00, but that does include full road closure, an Expo in the days leading up to the event, proper "Race Village" at the finish area, etc. The whole day is an Event.

The Burger (or as I am lead to believe, soon to be known as the Stellenbosch Cycle Tour) is wayyy overpriced as it does not give you a fraction of what the CTCT does.

BOGGLES MY MIND!!!!!

Guess I'll be doing something else on Sunday 30 November 2014.

Some people justify paying money for alcohol they gonna urinate the next day....each to his own

Some people justify paying money for alcohol they gonna urinate the next day....each to his own

+1 I cant afford a R50K bike, but I can afford R300 now and again to race it :thumbup:

If you are happy to be exploited, so be it. I'm not.

As you say.....to each his own!!

If you are happy to be exploited, so be it. I'm not.

As you say.....to each his own!!

We all get exploited on the daily in our lovely republic...I will be at the start(If entries do open....eventually)...maybe you change your mind wannabe  :whistling:

Archived