Die Burger 2014

GLuvsMtb

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entered and paid with no drama. Probably a smart idea doing it on the weekend.

You dont have thousands of office workers waiting with an open browser

Suggest everyone moves for those entries hey! Will def fly me thinks.. Late opening for entries + seeding race.. Think next year we'll be looking at 500 a pop, insane!

I'll definitely miss Old Helz

It was such a feature

Hi

Is old helz not part of the race any longer?

So, no longer a short route for the youngsters?

Yes, looks like it.  Bummer.  My wife and youngest boy (12) wanted to do the 44km race.  Entered me and my eldest boy (14).

That would be really stoopid of them.

There was always nightmare of routes joining and some nasty accidents due to that. Think was decided to remove from a safety perspective. The Argus only has one distance :)

There was always nightmare of routes joining and some nasty accidents due to that. Think was decided to remove from a safety perspective. The Argus only has one distance :)

True, but this event was always supported by many younger riders, women, and riders who are not quite ready to take the step up to 100km events. This was a fantastic stepping stone, because the 45km was quite challenging. 

I absolutely understand the reasoning......but I still find it sad that there is no short ride for the youngsters. I found it a very good start for the 13 year olds to get their Argus training off the ground. The last year we had a race between us (the long one) and them (the short one) to see who finished first. Fun. They are so busy with school stuff and the Burger is a good time to get going.......but the long distance is a bit much for them this early. I don't want to break them now, when there are many more races to use to build up to the Argus. So, the Burger is no longer going to be an official "family team race" for us.....just a bit sad. They need to remember that not everyone ride it to improve their seeding. Some ride it just for fun, or for training.

Archived