Living Vitality . Uploading data

Anticlimb

Anyone else having issues with uploading from their Garmin units ? It keeps telling me that I need to install Garmin communicator . This is installed and it "sees" my Garmin unit , but it doesn't communicate through to Living Vitality . When trying to upload files backed up from Garmin connect it says "There was an error uploading the file .Your browser may not be supported" Agge nee man ! This used to work perfectly before .

what browser you using?

I use chrome and for a while had the same issue, uploaded with IE when there was an issue and then went back to chrome and worked without re-installing communicator

Yup something has gone tits up with the site. It only worked in Firefox for me, on IE and Chrome it just said it couldn't find the communicator plugin.

some of the security feature require one to specifically activate any addons that may be needed.

Go into setting somewhere.

From Garmin connect, Export your work out files, then when in Vitality import the GPX file, it works - Garmin's new system sucks.

From Garmin connect, Export your work out files, then when in Vitality import the GPX file, it works - Garmin's new system sucks.

I have tried this , but get the following "There was an error uploading the file .Your browser may not be supported"

Just install firefox, reinstall garmin connect and try it again. Works fine in Firefox for me.

If your unit downloads using Ant+, and you are using the new Garmin Express, you need to delete or disable Ant Agent as it blocks Express...

Don't think this is your issue but just in case...

I had the same issues and e-mailed Discovery. They have an issue with IE and the Garmin sync program and therefore you have to use Chrome or Firefox. Would be nice if they could just have put a pop up to state that it doesn't work in IE.

On a related note. Discovery caps the points which can be earned through actvities to 15000 per annum. Any registered event over 100km (ie most races) earns you 5000.

So after 3 races or maybe 4 or 5 you are maxed out. Therefore not too much to be gained from uploading data to their system

In Chrome I had issues until I enabled the Communicator plugin. Not too sure about IE. Who uses IE anyway?  :whistling:

If you're using the new Garmin Express, you'll need to choose the manual file upload option on the Discovery site. You have to do it one at a time, but it'll upload.

I dont think IE 10 and above currently supports Living Vitality. I had the same issues on a garmin edge 800. If you click on the tools button in IE on the top right and select F12 Developer Tools after logging in on the Living Vitality site, it will open an Emulation window. It should default to "mode" if not click the bottom left icon that looks like a computer and screen. This should bring up the "mode" screen, at the top left it says "document mode" and will likely have "edge Default) selected. Change this to 8 then minimize the window without exiting. Wait a few seconds for an auto refresh, go to welness tools and select devices and download as usual. I have a 100 % success rate emulating IE 8, if I select 9 it works sometimes but not always. Hope it helps

some of the security feature require one to specifically activate any addons that may be needed.

Go into setting somewhere.

I had the same problem and this is the solution - also cant quite remember where to find it?

I had the same problem and this is the solution - also cant quite remember where to find it?

Doesn't it give you a message in the task bar that addons are blocked or something like that? This is when you try to install the plugin again. Had the same problem and just enabled addons and worked. Google should be able to help.

Archived