Late start time in Momentum 94.7

ycowley

I did last years race but my time was over 3 hours so i turn into the parking area ( big mistake)

so my last timed event was 2012 cycle challenge were i did a 2:53 from group B

i have emailed them for a 'grace' re seeding but no response so far.. 

You will only found out on the 17 October about the results of your reseeding application.

Good luck

i have done 3 , sub 3 cycle challenges with a person best time of 2:26.

I will be starting in group TT just because i have no seeding events results for the last 12 months...

nice ne?!!  %$^&%@%^%&&%&%@@^&&*

So actually you have no seeding results for 2 years? Not sure why you are surprised/angry. Would it be fair to those people who made the effort to do seeding races the last 2 years if you are seeded ahead of them?

So actually you have no seeding results for 2 years? Not sure why you are surprised/angry. Would it be fair to those people who made the effort to do seeding races the last 2 years if you are seeded ahead of them?

i understand what you saying..  but TT is not a seeding is just a time slot.

I just hope there will be better logic in the process if no result was registered in the last 12 months.

Is there a difference between a cycle challenge virgin and somebody who have done it more that 5 times?

i am not asking for a "a-c"  (those guys worked for it in the last 12 months) slot. just at least a single alphabet letter. What seeding index does a guy in x,y or z have?

i understand what you saying..  but TT is not a seeding is just a time slot.

I just hope there will be better logic in the process if no result was registered in the last 12 months.

Is there a difference between a cycle challenge virgin and somebody who have done it more that 5 times?

i am not asking for a "a-c"  (those guys worked for it in the last 12 months) slot. just at least a single alphabet letter. What seeding index does a guy in x,y or z have?

OK TT is nogals harsh... I would think a 2 year old result should at least count for a little.

Have you checked out your road seeding index on the pedalpower website? Would give you an indication of how much the old races you did still count.

I started from SS last year.

You will cramp faster than usual

Climbs will be VERY congested

Water points will be VERY congested (riders across the road at water points)

Water points are dangerous, gel packets and bar one wrappers litter the road, be careful

Sunburn is likely, so slather on the sunblock

No groups or bunches to speak of.

But!

You will have the most roadside support and fun.

Don't try and race for a time. Relax, sit back, if you're strong, help some riders by pushing them uphill, push the CHOC cows along too. Stop at every water point ad generally have a blast!! If you try to race it, you'll end up hating the day as being frustrated.

Good luck!!

Oh! Does anyone know what the last/latest start batch time is???

Edited by DragoRosso

I've started at around 10am for the last two years and spent 6-7hrs out there. Sunblock is important. also no point in trying to race from that far back in the field too many noobs and boobs out there riding all over the show you will either be in an accident or cause an accident. Just ride and enjoy the scenery and the humour happening around you.

this was me a few years back getting my dougie on.

post-16067-0-63447600-1413377816_thumb.jpg

Not enough Sunblock.

post-16067-0-51525600-1413377875_thumb.jpg

Edited by jcmeyerSS

this is K@K, i have only one racetec result for the past 12 months and that is last years 94, and i am starting in E. 

When is your last seeding race and what was the time?

Exactly the same boat... Only have last years seeding and also in E.

(Rode a 2h51 or so last year...)

Not moaning too much though, as I was in E last year too, and will be happy with a similar time this year.

not much that the race snakes can tell you, its a completely different ball game at the end of field.  On your questions:

Hydration:  Drink enough (whatever you like to drink)

Staying cool:  Not much you can do about staying cool, but it won't get hot enough to be concerned but REMEMBER sunscreen and if you have a pale skin, take some more with to re-apply.

Finishing in a reasonable time:  It will be very congested and there won't be any bunches at the end, so its a solo ride for you from start to finish.  Take it easy, the first half is WAY easier than the second from a hills, wind and heat perspective.  Enjoy the vibe at the back and the rest will look after itself, there are some really cool and inspirational folk at the back of the pack!  Worry about the time next year round.

I only did the cycle challenge last year and NO other race, last year time 4:02 and got a start time of 7:08, but will fall back to JJ 9:35 to join the missus and the charity(PETS)

Come on all you race snakes and early start time cyclists - give us mere mortals that are going to be in a suffer fest starting at 9h34 some advise for the day (hydration, staying cool, finishing the race in a reasonable time, etc.)

This is my 3rd one, each time on my mtb. Did each race solo with mo bunch or group and on my knob lies last year and will again this year.

1st year had a 9:15 start

2nd a 7:15

This year 6:40

Each year gets easier as you spend less time in heat and angs...

My advise is 2 decent bottles with cold stuff. I prefer usn. Also have some dried fruit and 2 bananas. The I refill at every second water point

Wear decent sunblock and take a small one with you. And stop and climb off bike before it's too late. Rather take a 5 min rest then cramp 20 km before then end.

Lastly just enjoy it.

I did last years race but my time was over 3 hours so i turn into the parking area ( big mistake)

so my last timed event was 2012 cycle challenge were i did a 2:53 from group B

i have emailed them for a 'grace' re seeding but no response so far.. 

I didn't ride at all last year, did a 3:13 in 2012 on the 94.7 and I'm starting in H. Do a reseed.