2015 Tour de France

Frosty

Loved the open air festival concept. The Dutch needed to be a little bit more "ge-olie" with Amstels though.

Lucky they had a Dutchmen presenter for the Afrikaans names. Did himself proud even with the Eritrean ones. Good man.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious how MTN is the first African team in the Tour... what was Barloworld classified as?

I'm curious how MTN is the first African team in the Tour... what was Barloworld classified as?

Don't think Barloworld was SA registered.

Aaah Google says it was a UK registered team.

Correct. In fact they weren't even based here. Just had the title sponsor. If i'm not mistaken they where based in Italy?

:thumbup: txs

Was it just me or when the the presenter asked the one dude(cant remember who) about a crash he had this week and the guys response was "its always $#!t when you crash but i'm OK". I think it was one of the dutch riders.

Was it just me or when the the presenter asked the one dude(cant remember who) about a crash he had this week and the guys response was "its always $#!t when you crash but i'm OK". I think it was one of the dutch riders.

Wasn't it Kelderman.. jissie I had a good giggle ha ha

The MTN-Qhubeka shirt needed some time to get used to, but their bike for the Tour... :drool:

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2015/07/02/1/mtn_qhubeka_23_tdf_presentation_gruber_images_670.jpg

The MTN-Qhubeka shirt needed some time to get used, but their bike for the Tour... :drool:

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2015/07/02/1/mtn_qhubeka_23_tdf_presentation_gruber_images_670.jpg

Very pretty. . But those wheels are gorgeous..

And so, the day I fly to #TDF2015 has arrived.

Enjoy Mr Booth, take loads of pictures!

Wasn't it Kelderman.. jissie I had a good giggle ha ha

Yip it was Wilco, also did a doubletake to make sure I heard correctly.

Correct. In fact they weren't even based here. Just had the title sponsor. If i'm not mistaken they where based in Italy?

Yip - talk about an international team, South African Sponsor, Registered in Britain and Based in Italy with Italian Management and at one stage partly owned by a  US company i.e. Cannondale.

Now why did Paolini shave his beard? Not like I am a beard fan I just hate it when they change kit and appearances, cause it takes me a while to be able to spot them in the bunch again.

Archived