2015 Tour de France

Frosty

Possibly ... However most gc tried to attack on the mountains and came short. Next best? Try a break like some of these younger riders have done? It was said as a plan of attack that I suspect is brewing. So no mix up. Just thinking something is gonna happen and it must happen soon. Especially for Contador with strong riders like Sagan and Majka. Quintana also in the same position. So if Contador and Quintana can make an attack now on the gc top position they can't wait for mountain stages to attack froome. Something different must be done soon.

Sooner than later because later will be too LATE ...

That is four cents for you. And yes I can be wrong.

No no GC fireworks today, yesterday was tough, the will use today to maybe try and recover a bit.

Break stands a very good chance today.  The finish is ideal for Sagan, but Tinkoff won't control the break or pace so maybe Giant can lend a hand as the finish will also suit Johnny D??  

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maincheese must've drawn some serious interest from bigger team out there. Possible buy out to a different team soon?

If you think Dougie has not sewn that loop hole up you would be kidding yourself!

The costs to bring these guys to the world tour events, there will be clauses in contract about them sticking around while they have the correct licenses.

No no GC fireworks today, yesterday was tough, the will use today to maybe try and recover a bit.

Break stands a very good chance today.  The finish is ideal for Sagan, but Tinkoff won't control the break or pace so maybe Giant can lend a hand as the finish will also suit Johnny D??

Yeah, maybe Tommie V will pull us some faces today in the break.

Break stands a very good chance today. The finish is ideal for Sagan, but Tinkoff won't control the break or pace so maybe Giant can lend a hand as the finish will also suit Johnny D??

I agree yes yesterday was super tough. But somehow things got to change. Just thinking that there will be someone who MIGHT use the "counter attack" principle. Attack after a serious attack? IF they have the strength???

If not then yes we in for a non contention finish as far as gc riders is concern.

Possibly ... However most gc tried to attack on the mountains and came short. Next best? Try a break like some of these younger riders have done? It was said as a plan of attack that I suspect is brewing. So no mix up. Just thinking something is gonna happen and it must happen soon. Especially for Contador with strong riders like Sagan and Majka. Quintana also in the same position. So if Contador and Quintana can make an attack now on the gc top position they can't wait for mountain stages to attack froome. Something different must be done soon.

Sooner than later because later will be too LATE ...

That is four cents for you. And yes I can be wrong.

That would be cool but that risky style of racing seems to have disappeared in the late 80s. Teams are too big and too strong to allow GC contenders to break away on transition stages.

Sky will control and allow a group of non GC riders to get away.

I would certainly prefer your prediction though!

Yeah, maybe Tommie V will pull us some faces today in the break.

ag nee spare us that lol

He is an odd one hey, if he isn't off the front, he is at the back..

mtn should try do something for Eddie B today hey... 

If you think Dougie has not sewn that loop hole up you would be kidding yourself!

The costs to bring these guys to the world tour events, there will be clauses in contract about them sticking around while they have the correct licenses.

Agreed contracts tie down many riders to a specific team. If they then don't perform as expected they then just dumped when contract ends.

If another team really wants someone they BUY them at a cost that douggie will be left smiling or they find a loophole in that contract. That's why lawyers cost so much. The vultures of any sports lol.

Agreed contracts tie down many riders to a specific team. If they then don't perform as expected they then just dumped when contract ends.

If another team really wants someone they BUY them at a cost that douggie will be left smiling or they find a loophole in that contract. That's why lawyers cost so much. The vultures of any sports lol.

Louis must just not become a GC contender in  a few years time, otherwise people will start slating him that he is obviously doping as he did not come in the top ten in the GC in his first TDF :P

Louis must just not become a GC contender in a few years time, otherwise people will start slating him that he is obviously doping as he did not come in the top ten in the GC in his first TDF :P

Lol. Imagine that. If maincheese cut into the the top 10 gc positions.

Ekse they going to braai his gat with every possible doping test available. Lmao

Edited by isn

I am sure MTN will manage Meintjes very well and not try and have him progress too fast.  He is far too young to even start thinking of GC rider in Big races.. he needs to gain valuable experience in these Grand Tours, yesterday (like i said before) would have been such a good lesson for him, to ride in the break with those riders, he def would've picked up some smarts.  even if it was by just watching what Purito did. Purito is such a clever rider. Meintjes maybe just worked a bit too long when it was his turn in the front, whereas Purito did shorter fewer turns up front.  Can't ask for a better teacher than him.

"Eksê, Froomey, what's your current FTP... No, no, wait, don't tell me..."

image.jpg

What a sport. Friendly chatter before the race, sizing each other up, sussing for any plan of attack before the wheels start rolling. All hidden in those smiling faces. Lol.

I am sure MTN will manage Meintjes very well and not try and have him progress too fast. He is far too young to even start thinking of GC rider in Big races.. he needs to gain valuable experience in these Grand Tours, yesterday (like i said before) would have been such a good lesson for him, to ride in the break with those riders, he def would've picked up some smarts. even if it was by just watching what Purito did. Purito is such a clever rider. Meintjes maybe just worked a bit too long when it was his turn in the front, whereas Purito did shorter fewer turns up front. Can't ask for a better teacher than him.

Well spotted and a good summing up of that last part of yesterdays stage. :thumbup:

Edited by isn

Louis must just not become a GC contender in  a few years time, otherwise people will start slating him that he is obviously doping as he did not come in the top ten in the GC in his first TDF :P

The difference here is that people will most probably not raise any eyebrows. Considering the fact that he is a Worlds U23 Silver Medalist. Showing serious promise from a young age. 

Unlike some other people...