• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn...thats his warmup???

Must be why i am not as successful, my warmup is not nearly as intense

For a time trial or uphill start, get that zone 5 pumping yeah

He is apparently very popular with the kids not just small fans but also the rider's children.

I was listening to the podcast the other day, the stage where Cav won, his daughter was in his arms afterwards and she spotted Sagan and immediately recognized him and was apparently very excited to see him again.

Yeah he certainly comes across as someone who has an easy rapport with kids. Sagan doesn't appear to be pretentious in anyway. He has a love for life that shines through in the way he does things. That's why he's so darn popular. You have to be seriously bitter not to like that.

sheesh He just won another supporter ! Me, not the kid. But if he does not perfrom and pull my team into the top 100, I'm sending him to the Spur.

well for that he would need a team willing to sacrifice some riders for him, not going to happen, that's fine though cause he signed up for it. (at TInkoff for TDF)

Personally would absolutely love for him to move to Etixx, but sigh he has a contract.

Edited by Gen

sheesh He just won another supporter ! Me, not the kid. But if he does not perfrom and pull my team into the top 100, I'm sending him to the Spur.

Fat chance of that happening! He's gotta babysit Berto and Majka! If he gets lucky he might get to contest the win but I think for most of today he'll be anonymous.

well for that he would need a team willing to sacrifice some riders for him, not going to happen, that's fine though cause he signed up for it. (at TInkoff for TDF)

Personally would absolutely love for him to move to Etixx, but sigh he has a contract.

They would have to sell Cav then. I can't see either of them being happy to ride for the other and both will want the green jersey at Le Tour.

That said I think it would be incredibly fun to have the two of them riding together in a non-racing environment. Both are great characters!

They would have to sell Cav then. I can't see either of them being happy to ride for the other and both will want the green jersey at Le Tour.

That said I think it would be incredibly fun to have the two of them riding together in a non-racing environment. Both are great characters!

if Cav wants to stay at Etixx he will have to take the salary cut, negotiations stopped before the TDF started, Cav said we'll speak after the tour. Sagan isn't a sprinter if Cav moved it would be to bring in a pure sprinter, not Sagan.

BUT  

Why would Sagan do well at etixx,  and why would i love to see him there... For the spring classics, Boonen is getting on and won't be around for too much longer, but they do have Stybar there.

Patrick Lefevere  has said he would love Sagan there, but he has a contract and Sagan's agent has also said is isn't leaving Tinkoff (but also don't think you can believe the agents all the time)

if Cav wants to stay at Etixx he will have to take the salary cut, negotiations stopped before the TDF started, Cav said we'll speak after the tour. Sagan isn't a sprinter if Cav moved it would be to bring in a pure sprinter, not Sagan.

BUT

Why would Sagan do well at etixx, and why would i love to see him there... For the spring classics, Boonen is getting on and won't be around for too much longer, but they do have Stybar there.

Patrick Lefevere has said he would love Sagan there, but he has a contract and Sagan's agent has also said is isn't leaving Tinkoff (but also don't think you can believe the agents all the time)

Interesting points you raise there Gen. I tend to see Sagan as a good all rounder who has a powerful sprint. Certainly fast enough to hold his own with the pure sprinters. It would be awesome to see him working together with Zbar to win classics but the sticking point remains the green at Le Tour. Cav will want it as will Sagan. It would be hard for either to sacrifice their ambition for the other.

Interesting points you raise there Gen. I tend to see Sagan as a good all rounder who has a powerful sprint. Certainly fast enough to hold his own with the pure sprinters. It would be awesome to see him working together with Zbar to win classics but the sticking point remains the green at Le Tour. Cav will want it as will Sagan. It would be hard for either to sacrifice their ambition for the other.

Sagan does well against the sprinters, he does brilliantly when the run in to the finish is technical and with a couple of hills and always has an advantage from a smaller group.

But I would actually love for him to be in a team that has a strong spring classic ambitions. We saw this year during the classics that Tinkoff just don't have that, he was isolated most of the time.

The thing is when Sagan burst onto the scene his ability was unknown so he and a lot of riders underestimated the kid, so you saw him make a dash a bit sooner than the rest and  could stay away.

What has happened the last 2 seasons is they don't give him an inch. 

Looks like my cannondale man made it into the break.

Today is a day that suits Haas.

Also see Kelderman here, if today goes like the rest of his tour, he will get hit by a shimano service car.

Looks like my cannondale man made it into the break.

Today is a day that suits Haas.

Also see Kelderman here, if today goes like the rest of his tour, he will get hit by a shimano service car.

It's almost too good to be true.. Kelderman in the break[emoji122] [emoji122]

It's almost too good to be true.. Kelderman in the break[emoji122] [emoji122]

Never use the words "too good" ever when talking about a cyclist :P Especially the ones I like.

Never use the words "too good" ever when talking about a cyclist [emoji14] Especially the ones I like.

Lol

I've been waiting for Kelderman to go in a break.. I am happy too (plus fantasy league points there)

Sagan does well against the sprinters, he does brilliantly when the run in to the finish is technical and with a couple of hills and always has an advantage from a smaller group.

But I would actually love for him to be in a team that has a strong spring classic ambitions. We saw this year during the classics that Tinkoff just don't have that, he was isolated most of the time.

The thing is when Sagan burst onto the scene his ability was unknown so he and a lot of riders underestimated the kid, so you saw him make a dash a bit sooner than the rest and could stay away.

What has happened the last 2 seasons is they don't give him an inch.

I think he is as marked as he is because of his ability in the sprint, for the threat he represents to the pure sprinter. Etixx really have some hard choices to make during the remainder of the year especially where it concerns team goals and who would best aid in achieving said goals.